• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The increased bill

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,089
  • Days Won:  469

I received this from the message board hosting service:

Hi Brad,

Your Community, thebullspen.com has exceeded the user limit of your plan.

To ensure your community is still available, your community has been automatically upgraded to the Advanced plan which is $xxx.xx per month. Your renewal date has not changed and you will not be charged the new package price until your normal renewal date on 04 October.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you and here's hoping your community continues to grow

This is great!!!  I can tell you the user count is still about 2/5 of what it was in 2007-2009, but we're making progress.

We also have some donors that are helping foot the bill as the community grows, so know this is not about $$.

What it is about is the opportunity to get your fellow (and former fellow) Bulls involved.  For years I've seen proof that getting people talking about the Bulls increases engagement across the board - games, gear, tickets, etc.

Please share a thread on Twitter, Facebook or one of the other social media networks using the links below, or the invite system I have addressed before.  Even plain old email.  Help Wake the Bay. 

Thanks for being here and running up the bills....I'd like to see them escalate further.  Please help. 

Brad

• Upvote 4

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  360
  • Days Won:  0

Ive been a member here for a couple years but was pleasantly surprised when a  few of the people at my job (which primarily employs students) mentioned reading some threads on here, We're growing!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Since I can't help by spreading the word through the evil social media, I can assist by posting for those who may not be aware of how to help out the old fashioned way .... PayPal

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

Brad, you should look into some kind of recurring payment system.  

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

How much do I have to donate to get the Donor connotation on my profile? Also, is this organized as a nonprofit? If so, my company will match anything I donate. Love the site and seeing it grow!

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

15 minutes ago, The Great 8 said:

How much do I have to donate to get the Donor connotation on my profile? Also, is this organized as a nonprofit? If so, my company will match anything I donate. Love the site and seeing it grow!

Dude  the amount can't be much  I just donate a few bucks when I have a gift card that I have something left on and I still got the cool  super duper Donor VIP front and top of the line avatar enhancer.   I really think its like Christmas should be  its the thought that counts and if everybody did something the bills would be paid easily.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

16 minutes ago, bullnupe said:

Dude  the amount can't be much  I just donate a few bucks when I have a gift card that I have something left on and I still got the cool  super duper Donor VIP front and top of the line avatar enhancer.   I really think its like Christmas should be  its the thought that counts and if everybody did something the bills would be paid easily.

To be honest, I was curious myself. I used to be a monthly donor when I transferred over here after leaving Rivals, but was never noted as such with the "cool super duper Donor VIP" lol.

I'm with you, though. It's the thought that counts.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

Side note: Sent $100 your way, @Brad. From my line of work, I know how much effort goes into keeping something like this up-and-running; it's appreciated.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

8 minutes ago, Raetus said:

To be honest, I was curious myself. I used to be a monthly donor when I transferred over here after leaving Rivals, but was never noted as such with the "cool super duper Donor VIP" lol.

I'm with you, though. It's the thought that counts.

I've given some money a couple of times now...figure I spend enough time here to warrant it, and it pretty much is a charity out of the goodness of Brad's heart.  The donor avatar enhancement is new this year.  Donate a bit and you'll get the bling.  It's not exactly club access, but the prestige is certainly worth it.  ;)