• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wear Green for the FSU/USF Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

7 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

A couple of years ago someone took the then newly release UA ColdBlack golf shirts and compared them "other" shirts using older "technology".  They actually just put a thermometer inside each shirt laying out in the sun for 30 minutes or so and took their temperature.

First, ColdBlack is amazingly impressive.  Golfing in Florida during the summer I use nothing but the ColdBlack shirts.  They were something like 15 or 20 degrees cooler than the same color shirt that wasn't ColdBlack.  No, I don't remember if the control shirt was UA or not.

Second, they did this with white shirts and with darker color shirts and the white in both technologies were significantly lower.

So, yes there is a temperature difference.  I'll try to find it and link, but I did a quick search already and couldn't find it.

Ok, so my memory was a bit faulty.  A white polyester tee is still cooler than the newer technology shirts, at least without adding in body heat.  And ColdBlack is only about 10 degrees cooler.  

http://www.runnersworld.com/running-apparel/coldblack-does-it-work

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

But darker colored shirts give more UV protection, correct?  It will be hot.  We live in Florida. It is hot in Florida in September. The players will have on green plus the weight of the pads along with the weight of a school's hopes on their shoulders. We're wearing green.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

1 minute ago, Bourbon Bull said:

But darker colored shirts give more UV protection, correct?  It will be hot.  We live in Florida. It is hot in Florida in September. The players will have on green plus the weight of the pads along with the weight of a school's hopes on their shoulders. We're wearing green.

I don't think so, but it also depends on the technology.  The ColdBlack advantage is built in UV protection.  So I would guess it depends on the shirt/shorts.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

20 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

I don't think so, but it also depends on the technology.  The ColdBlack advantage is built in UV protection.  So I would guess it depends on the shirt/shorts.

Darker colors do help some.  Here is a link - color is mentioned a few paragraphs down. 

http://www.skincancer.org/prevention/sun-protection/clothing/protection