• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is what 3 winless seasons gets you

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

UCF is desperate, thus the statue.   The 0-12 season is not even fresh in their minds.  Nice that we put an exclamation mark on the 0 in the 0-12 season during the last game.   

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,047
  • Days Won:  11

9 hours ago, IBulleve said:

Judy during a homecoming event at USF said our colors were "green and yellow" 

She didn't say anything about purple? Weird...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  360
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, usfsig said:

Sirius XM College Sport's Braden Gall had a nail on the head rant about this a little while ago. See transcript below:

"Maybe the most ridiculous thing I've read all off-season, I mean I know that's not true... because Baylor obviously. George O' Leary is getting a statue at UCF. 81-60 is his record. They've lost 15 straight games and I don't think I need to remind people that the reason he's at UCF is because he lied on his resume at Notre Dame and got fired in like two weeks. And I certainly need to remind people of one of his players who died at practice and the University was found liable in a lawsuit for the problem. Well George O' Leary was at least in charge of the practice, had the whistle in his mouth, could've stopped things, um and of course the settlement was like $11 million dollars and got dropped to $200 thousand dollars because of some laws down there in Florida. And the point is even... remove one of your players dying in a controversial way and remove lying on a resume, getting fired and ending up at UCF. Remove all of that from the equation and you still have a guy that went 81-60 at a decent program in a middle of the pack league... and he's getting a statue???

Now I realize the donors are paying for this and the donors probably like him cause he took them to a Fiesta Bowl and they built a new stadium for him. I'm very anti statue, I decided today, I'm extremely anti statue. I think there are 3 active coaches potentially... I think Gary Patterson has one, deserving; Bill Snyder's got one, deserving; and Nick Saban's got one, obviously deserving. But making statues of human beings is pretty strange to me. Not sports people. If you invent something that cures cancer, you get a statue. I'm fine with that. if you declare independence from Great Britain, you get a statue. I think we need to set the bar higher than 81-60 with a lot of controversy around your tenure... and not a lot of people that speak highly of your personality, frankly.

So I saw the headline and people on social media exploded... like what!? are you kidding me!? why is George O' Leary getting a statue at UCF!? Is he the best thing that's ever happened to UCF? I highly doubt that... Blake Bortles maybe? We were talking about this in the office, who are the best athletes that have ever played at UCF. Probably Dante Culpepper, Brandon Marshall, and Blake Bortles right? I put those 3 up there above anybody. And the first 2 are pretty much head cases and Blake Bortles looks like he's pretty good. A statue really!? You got to be kidding me!?

I mean read up about I believe his name is Ereck Plancher. I know the story when it was out there, you go back and read it and there were 4 players that testified that George O' Leary knew that he had a sickle cell problem and this guy was struggling, could see him struggling, and was using the drill as punishment and it was a longer than admitted practice and routine, and they were found admitted... I think it was a 14-day trial, they awarded $11 million dollars to the family because this young person died. Dennis Dodd wrote a scathing column today on CBS Sports.com about how ridiculous this is, with quotes from the attorney who represented the family in the civil suit against UCF and George O' Leary who of course it wasn't the coach, it was the UCF athletic association.

I really hate to bring this all back up, but if you're going to put a statue up of somebody, you can't have a guy who's got a controversial death of a player on his resume, that we don't even know if his resume is real. Like the reason you were there is cause you lied at a dream job at Notre Dame to get that job and then you went 81-60. In 12 years... that's like 7-5 every year..."

+100000000000000

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

15 hours ago, IBulleve said:

Judy during a homecoming event at USF said our colors were "green and yellow" 

That was the Botox talking.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

ChvL4ElWUAAgDb4.jpg

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

21 hours ago, BullsandBills95 said:

He built a historic program that won multiple conference titles and a BCS bowl game. Good for him. He's a really nice guy, who has always been there for his players. He deserves it. 

Does B & B reach -1000 before the expansion thread reaches 1000 pages?

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  3

On 8/23/2016 at 4:54 PM, OcalaBull2 said:

I was thinking more along the lines of this...

image.jpeg

Imagine if this was the actual pose for the statue. :GoBulls:

Edited by thatboykane
typo
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Probably the only time I'll agree with Fennelly about anything:

Edited by TallyBull

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I won't even click that link...I just know there's a dig or two on USF in there too.

Also, those irritating sentence fragment paragraphs.

Don't you just love reading them?

I mean, who wouldn't?  You can write whatever you like this way and it comes across as poignant and interesting.  Definitely better than a typo or two.

No joke.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

17 minutes ago, NCBull said:

I won't even click that link...I just know there's a dig or two on USF in there too.

Also, those irritating sentence fragment paragraphs.

Don't you just love reading them?

I mean, who wouldn't?  You can write whatever you like this way and it comes across as poignant and interesting.  Definitely better than a typo or two.

No joke.

I don't blame you at all for not clicking the link. What I will say is that he says nothing negative about USF in the article. In fact, he says USF should win whatever tiebreaker exists between the schools regarding the Big XII because of the O'Leary statue.