• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Penn State's Starting Center Dismissed

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Penn State's Starting Center Dismissed

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) -- Penn State starting center E.Z. Smith was kicked off the team Friday for his role in an incident in which arrows were shot through a dormitory wall during a party.

Smith is off the team at least until the end of the summer, and coach Joe Paterno will decide whether the senior will be allowed back on the team.

University officials said Friday that Smith and backup linebacker Mike Sothern took responsibility for the Jan. 29 incident, which university police said caused no injuries but did about $700 in damage.

Smith, a senior who started every game last season, and Sothern, who left the team during the winter, will be allowed to finish classes this semester but will not be allowed on campus during the summer.

Both are eligible to return to school in the fall, as long as they have paid for damages.

Paterno said Friday he had not seen the university's statement and had not decided whether Smith would return.

"When it's time for me to make the decision, I'll make the one that is right," Paterno said.

Smith, starters Tyler Reed, a guard, and Scott Paxson, a defensive tackle, and offensive tackle Andrew Richardson have not participated in spring drills since the start of practice March 28 as the university investigated the episode. All but Smith can return to practice Monday.

© 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy.

6302946387.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Dam, a man cannt have any fun anymore without a major tabloid scandel.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

He'll be playing... mark my word. ;D JoePa ain't gonna toss a starter for a non-injury shooting... especially a senior.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

stupid thing to do but many have do much worse and continue to play

Yeah... good point about stupid things. I had a girlfriend in college from my second semester of my junior year until I graduated... look at all the ass I passed up on!  :(

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,518
  • Days Won:  10

It sounds like 'suspended' would have been the correct term, based on the story.  I'd bet he'll be back at the first summer practice.

how's matt doing ricky? tearing it up yet? keep me posted on our next Bull's prodigy!

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,518
  • Days Won:  10

how's matt doing ricky? tearing it up yet? keep me posted on our next Bull's prodigy!

Right now, he's playing flag football for his middle school team.  He's their starting wide receiver and on the kickoff team (he's the first one down the field).   He's going to try out for the Sickles HS team this summer and he's all pumped!

Hey Flipper, if your Matt needs someone to throw the ball to, we'll get them together.  I'm sure that he could give him a pointer or two.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

It's hard to be on the team if you can't make it to the school to practice, isnt it?  He's just out for now.  As stong bad would say, ARROWED!