• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AmericanBB USF V ECU Pregame LIVE

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, Azmodi said:

Wow, just reading these posts as I wasn't able to watch, was exciting. Go Bulls!!!! Thanks for the play by play.

You are quite welcome :GoBulls:

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  262
  • Days Won:  2

Kudos to the boys for coming out fighting and having a good showing.  This was the exact team that embarrassed them and only let them score 39 points a week ago.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Watched the last 30 min. Very impressed with team not cracking and playing hard until the end. Will watch all of the Temple game tomorrow (noon, espn2). 

• Upvote 3

If we play as we did today, same game plan, nice steady and borderline slow pace, play outside-in-outside, we may very well beat out Temple. 

Issues I see: they WILL watch the tape on this game and they will likely either not play Zone at all or focus more on the inside and let us have the shots on the perimeter. Daring us to shoot threes will lose us the next game.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

17 minutes ago, JoshuaG said:

If we play as we did today, same game plan, nice steady and borderline slow pace, play outside-in-outside, we may very well beat out Temple. 

Issues I see: they WILL watch the tape on this game and they will likely either not play Zone at all or focus more on the inside and let us have the shots on the perimeter. Daring us to shoot threes will lose us the next game.

Definitely agree, that's not our game. Frequently running the clock down under 10 seconds will also end badly for us, so we're going to need McMurray to create for the inside game to come alive, IMO. :GoBulls:

Just now, raptorcj said:

Definitely agree, that's not our game. Frequently running the clock down under 10 seconds will also end badly for us, so we're going to need McMurray to create for the inside game to come alive, IMO. :GoBulls:

Bodway played well today, he moved inside with the ball, forcing the help D to move and helped keep things moving. When McM had the ball, the zone shifted to close in the gaps on his side. Bodway was a nice change because he nailed some good passes. I don't so much mind the late shot clock as long as we keep the ball moving and get the best shot we can. I think of the key points to the game was how Nuñez really stepped up with his energy, smart play, and he dropped two big threes when we needed them. I'll be watching tomorrow almost guaranteed. 

All IMO of course also :GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

I'll be off tomorrow, too bad there's no watch party for a noon game! Might just hang out on the Beefs on campus; however no beer during the day!

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

25 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

I'll be off tomorrow, too bad there's no watch party for a noon game! Might just hang out on the Beefs on campus; however no beer during the day!

Or you could go to the game...Orlando isn't that far. 

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Nice win, congrats.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, footnfan1 said:

Nice win, congrats.

Much as I might have liked the result, I did NOT think Tulane had a snowball's chance against UCF. The Knights were doing pretty well in the second part of the season, so they must have found a way to let that one slip away...at home. Fans had to be miffed.