• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Perry Suspended / FIRE ANTIGUA!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

8 hours ago, Ned A Starr said:

I take it you enjoy slow boring basketball, or did you not attend his games at the Sun Dome?

If only Heath had coached the most successful team in USF Basketball history.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  256
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Triple B said:

Maybe he enjoyed the 20 win seasons and NCAA tourney wins ...

That's exactly it. Typically I hate slow down hoops but that team was so darn good at it. 

That and seeing USF in the tourney, even once every now and then, was better than the status quo in hoops. Watching them struggle to get a conference win isn't fun even if they were scoring 85 a game

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

11 hours ago, Triple B said:

Maybe he enjoyed the 20 win seasons and NCAA tourney wins ...

:GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

44 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

I just can't believe some of the comments I've seen on here.  I'll say the same thing I said when there were calls for CWT's head, changing a culture takes time and it often gets worse before it gets better.  Does it suck right now?  Absolutely!  But we need to have some patience.  It might turn out that COA can't turn this around, but we need to at least give him a fair shake.  If we start firing coaches after 2 seasons, not too many are going to want to come here and try.

Changing a winning culture takes time?

• Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, DataBull said:

Changing a winning culture takes time?

2 winning seasons out of 7 and a 97-129 overall record is a winning culture? 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, JTrue said:

2 winning seasons out of 7 and a 97-129 overall record is a winning culture? 

^ I was typing this as it popped up on my screen. Seconded

• Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

I know this question wasnt directed at me but im gonna pretend it was.

11 hours ago, Ned A Starr said:

I take it you enjoy slow boring basketball, or did you not attend his games at the Sun Dome?

**** right I did. Some of the most interesting and exciting basketball around here in a long time. 20 mins away from a sweet 16 berth? I'd take a sweet 16 berth in the NIT right now. I like COA but I loved CSH. Unfortunately for him he has a fanbase of children that not only want wins but 100 points of offense per game. To some of us winning is a hell of a lot more interesting than losing regardless of the score. And yes, i do attend the games, been a season ticket holder since, i dunno, awhile. McCollum?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, cophbulls said:

I know this question wasnt directed at me but im gonna pretend it was.

**** right I did. Some of the most interesting and exciting basketball around here in a long time. 20 mins away from a sweet 16 berth? I'd take a sweet 16 berth in the NIT right now. I like COA but I loved CSH. Unfortunately for him he has a fanbase of children that not only want wins but 100 points of offense per game. To some of us winning is a hell of a lot more interesting than losing regardless of the score. And yes, i do attend the games, been a season ticket holder since, i dunno, awhile. McCollum?

I've not been around for that long, truth be told I just started getting in to college hoops last year. I think that every brand of game has its ups and downs, and personally I love a traditional post up game, play inside out. However, as the game evolves even on the pro level, that changes how kid want to play the game. That's why COA wants to change the manner of play. Both because it is what he is used to, and because that's how the kids coming in want to play. I've been looking and it looks like our hops coaches have all had some time to turn things around, CSH had two seasons before finally winning in his third. Give it time and it will grow, potentially into a dynasty.