• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Perry Suspended / FIRE ANTIGUA!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  336
  • Days Won:  0

Well, with Chris Perry suspended for violating team rules (probably drugs), USF has 7 scholarship players. Why is USF Basketball unable to have a full compliment of 13 scholarship players? Don't give me the injury excuse!!! If Antigua could actually recruit some players that were eligible and not rely on transfers, maybe we would not be so short handed each year!

Antigua needs to be fired ASAP. He is clearly in over his head and was a HORRIBLE hire by Harlan. USF will end up 3 and 29, worst record ever.

Judy gave the choking motion 2 years ago describing Heath at a press conference (real professional). I wonder what she is doing regarding Antigua.

Fire this clown Antigua ASAP.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 11

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

Well, with Chris Perry suspended for violating team rules (probably drugs), USF has 7 scholarship players. Why is USF Basketball unable to have a full compliment of 13 scholarship players? Don't give me the injury excuse!!! If Antigua could actually recruit some players that were eligible and not rely on transfers, maybe we would not be so short handed each year!

Antigua needs to be fired ASAP. He is clearly in over his head and was a HORRIBLE hire by Harlan. USF will end up 3 and 29, worst record ever.

Judy gave the choking motion 2 years ago describing Heath at a press conference (real professional). I wonder what she is doing regarding Antigua.

Do we really need another thread for this? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Terrible coach and terrible players (with one or two exceptions). This team is a complete embarrassment to the University.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

10 minutes ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

First, you have insider information that it's "probably drugs"? Second, you must be new to USF basketball if you think COA is the first coach to not have a full complement 13 scholarship players available. I'm hard pressed to remember the last coach that did ... which brings us to the real problem:

http://homesmsp.typepad.com/.a/6a00e550bbaeb38834014e8a1291c6970d-500wi

Is there a vid somewhere of JG and the choking motion?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

Good grief..

He walked into a worse situation than Taggart. Everyone transferred out. Our top transfer Peters has been hurt. Our other top player Holston has been out hurt. Give the guy a break. He started with absolutely nothing. He had to take transfers of almost any talent to just simply fill the roster. All it takes in basketball is a few guys to get hurt and your team is done for. Not saying he doesn't take some responsibility for what's going on, but he should not be fired. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

gotta recruit the players that are already here though so I really don't buy the he started with nothing excuse, did he retain any coaches from the previous regime?

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

6 minutes ago, usfbullrider said:

gotta recruit the players that are already here though so I really don't buy the he started with nothing excuse, did he retain any coaches from the previous regime?

Recruit the player already here?  Not sure what that means.  Most coaches left, and most the roster transferred or graduated.  And...the defectors were the best players.  Egbuno, Heath, Hawkins, LeDay (Collins last year).  He certainly inherited a mess...that said, I don't think the players he brought in are top level talent.  Morillo is likely a great playground player, but he's inconsistent. Santos has disappointed.  McMurray is maybe the bright spot.

I'm trying to hold out hope that he'll have a Taggart type 3rd year, as with MBB, you really can improve with 2-3 good players.  Not sure where they are coming from, but all signs are that Troy Baxter is the real deal...assuming he makes it to campus.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

57 minutes ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

Turns out that Woolard was never the problem!! Glad that you see the light!!

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

6 minutes ago, usfbullrider said:

:lmao: Egbunu was gone the second Heath was fired. The ONLY reason he was here was because he grew up playing basketball with Heath's son who was also on the team. You think he helped them pack their stuff and then drove them to wherever they wanted to transfer? You don't think he did everything in his power to keep every single player that was already associated with the program in the program? Or do you think he was really looking forward to the challenge of coaching competitive D1 basketball with an inexperienced roster and with a small amount of scholarship players? C'mon dude. It's okay for us to be mad about how bad we are, but look at things pragmatically.

Once those players made their minds up that they were transferring he started with absolutely nothing. He was hired March 31. Initial Signing day was April 16. Final signing day was May 21. So if anyone expected even a decent recruiting class year 1 they're unrealistic. Peters was a fantastic transfer he landed, got hurt. Holston was a really good recruit he signed, got hurt. He signed Troy Baxter for next year who looks like a hell of a recruit for our program. 

Not a clue if he retained any coaches from the previous regime and if I were him I certainly would not have. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

I dont think its too much to ask to recruit the players that are already on scholarship.  Starting with nothing isn't accurate.  If I take over management at a new company I know I would be expected to keep the talent and improve processes and make good additions.  This didn't happen here for one reason as people have mentioned.  This team had talent and it's gone now.  I want him to succeed but I also want to be realistic in my assessment.