• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Woodie To Defensive Coordinator; Allen To Accept Position At Another Institution

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

19 hours ago, Calibull said:

I don't think Allen was the great of an in game coordinator.  He was a good motivator and brought a great system, which we will continue to run, but the biggest improvement in our defense this year was our offense.  I mean we gave up a ton of yards and played inconsistent at times.  Sounds weird right?  We only had the 53rd defense and I think we'll get better because the guys know the system now.  I think we'll be better off in the long run and it appears Allen had one foot out the door from the time he arrived.

he wasnt bill parcels  by any stretch of the imagination

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

The way the thread title of was worded, when I saw it, I thought "Oh ****, he's gone to the Kanigits" ...

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

While I think it was premature for all those asking for him to be the head coach and I agree that the defense was evolving, I am concerned that he has left and Woodie is the D coord. I am not clear as to how qualified Woodie is and what type of D the bulls will run this upcoming season.

If they continue running the Bull shark then things might get ugly bc I feel only one guy had enough experience with it to know how to run it and now he's gone.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

For those complaint about the D last year, one must take into account the O. The O production was hot and cold and a D's performance will rise and fall accordingly. For the majority of the year, the D performed well the first half (FSU, Memphis, etc) and the second half will always be strongly correlated to the O's performance.

3 and outs OR 0-6 3rd down conversion per game = Tired D

Most games where I was disappointed with the D was directly related to them being gassed bc of an atrociously perfoming O. I had hoped that those days were behind us but WKU proved that we are capable of such outings. WKU stacked the box and we did not adapt on O...expect to see more decent teams daring us to throw. Except now we will not only pray the D has enough in the tank but we will also have questions about the coaching...or at least I will.

Edited by Bull-Hornz

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

4 hours ago, Bullinchinashop said:

If someone is not 110% committed to the organization, then better to have them not part of the program ASAP.  He was definitely looking to part ways with USF for some reason.  It sounds like he approached Indiana.  So I say F##%$K him. Indiana sucks and always will. 

Like CWT interviewing for the South Carolina job?

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

The way the thread title of was worded, when I saw it, I thought "Oh ****, he's gone to the Kanigits" ...

I doubt they ever roll the dice again on one of our DCs.  Just sayin.  Chucks face on the UCF sideline, looking all confused, was the highlight of the season for me.  Need to make that my avatar somehow.  

2 hours ago, Bull-Hornz said:

While I think it was premature for all those asking for him to be the head coach and I agree that the defense was evolving, I am concerned that he has left and Woodie is the D coord. I am not clear as to how qualified Woodie is and what type of D the bulls will run this upcoming season.

If they continue running the Bull shark then things might get ugly bc I feel only one guy had enough experience with it to know how to run it and now he's gone.

I am concerned about this as well, but really trying to stay positive about the move.  Way to late in the recruiting game to bring in an outside DC.  We pretty much had to hire from inside or our defensive recruits would have decommitted.  I am sure CWT wishes he would have had time to find someone else.  Allen kinda screwed us in this way.  

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

5 hours ago, Bull-Hornz said:

For those complaint about the D last year, one must take into account the O. The O production was hot and cold and a D's performance will rise and fall accordingly. For the majority of the year, the D performed well the first half (FSU, Memphis, etc) and the second half will always be strongly correlated to the O's performance.

3 and outs OR 0-6 3rd down conversion per game = Tired D

Most games where I was disappointed with the D was directly related to them being gassed bc of an atrociously perfoming O. I had hoped that those days were behind us but WKU proved that we are capable of such outings. WKU stacked the box and we did not adapt on O...expect to see more decent teams daring us to throw. Except now we will not only pray the D has enough in the tank but we will also have questions about the coaching...or at least I will.

How can our offense put up 35 points and it's still their fault that we lost to wku? I agree with your logic up until that point, the defense sucked it up in that game. No excuses can be made for that. 

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, TromBull12 said:

How can our offense put up 35 points and it's still their fault that we lost to wku? I agree with your logic up until that point, the defense sucked it up in that game. No excuses can be made for that. 

I actually posted almost this exact thing but the board went down when I hit send.

WKU carved up our defense. The offense put up 35, and we had two missed field goals.

I liked Allen, I loved his energy on the sideline. But our defense lost that game. Doughty actually missed a few wide open bombs too, could have been much worse.

44 minutes ago, emrober5 said:

I actually posted almost this exact thing but the board went down when I hit send.

WKU carved up our defense. The offense put up 35, and we had two missed field goals.

I liked Allen, I loved his energy on the sideline. But our defense lost that game. Doughty actually missed a few wide open bombs too, could have been much worse.

So I guess the question then becomes, can Woodie do better?