• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anthony Knighton -DE 2016 Fort Pierce

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1631149-knighton-has-surging-in-state-school-on-top?s=359

Tall (6'5") DE out of Fort Pierce has USF as his top choice. Has offers to Kentucky and Cincy. Guy plays with great length and instincts.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Surprising the staff seems to be struggling in recruiting this year since that's what Taggart is known for. Seems it's going to come down to the stretch.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,077
  • Days Won:  2

11 hours ago, CPR said:

Surprising the staff seems to be struggling in recruiting this year since that's what Taggart is known for. Seems it's going to come down to the stretch.

Please define struggling?...I'll wait until signing day to pass judgement but I don't think the staff is struggling too much

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, jg233 said:

Please define struggling?...I'll wait until signing day to pass judgement but I don't think the staff is struggling too much

Agreed, there are a lot of talented players that are waiting to commit to a team that we are in the running to get.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  178

I think the staff is doing a great job.  They are going after quality over quantity.  No point in just giving scholarships to any player that wants to come.  If next year goes the way last year finished then it could be a good thing to take a few extra scholarships into that class anyway.  I think we hit on some big time players around signing day...

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624

Didn't we pick up a bunch of recruits at the very end last year?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

13 minutes ago, NinjaPenguin777 said:

Didn't we pick up a bunch of recruits at the very end last year?

Of course. Most teams do with a low amount of recruits at this point in the game.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

6 hours ago, CPR said:

Of course. Most teams do with a low amount of recruits at this point in the game.

I'm not sure we're that light. We had 19 seniors I believe.  We had the 2 jucos.  Salomon and Polk enrolled midyear. Have 8 more committed so that's 12. Calloway may be coming back along with Trevon Sands.  That's 14.  We have Mackenro Alexander out there as a possible transfer also. So we may only have 4-7 (3 for guys leaving) slots left.

And we have Cherry, Hudson, Scantling and Gibbons who came in as transfers last year and are counting against the 85 man roster limit which were all good players that did not play this year. Staff may be hearing of other transfers for this offseason they may want to look at.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

4 hours ago, SANJAY said:

I'm not sure we're that light. We had 19 seniors I believe.  We had the 2 jucos.  Salomon and Polk enrolled midyear. Have 8 more committed so that's 12. Calloway may be coming back along with Trevon Sands.  That's 14.  We have Mackenro Alexander out there as a possible transfer also. So we may only have 4-7 (3 for guys leaving) slots left.

And we have Cherry, Hudson, Scantling and Gibbons who came in as transfers last year and are counting against the 85 man roster limit which were all good players that did not play this year. Staff may be hearing of other transfers for this offseason they may want to look at.

Signed last month.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  178

9 hours ago, Triple B said:

Signed last month.

Also, I do not think Solomon is on campus yet.  I hope he sticks but all the sites still think he is going to get scooped by a bigger school..