• Join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other Bulls fans!

BB TRANSFER

With everything going on surrounding the Bowl game, I missed the news that we picked up a fairly well regarded BB transfer from Texas Tech. Isaiah Manderson. Was a 3 star coming out of HS. 

Anyone have any more news or know anything about him? I haven't seen much news about this at all. 

Members do not see this ad, Register

He's a center, we are his third "committed" school, he averaged slight numbers off the bench at Texas Tech. We started talking about it in the prospect thread. He might not be eligible until the middle of next year from what we are thinking. My problem is that that is time that Guerrero and Santos won't be on the court and they are worth developing. At least Santos shows real hustle out there and can hit his shots from the charity strip. 

1 hour ago, JoshuaG said:

He's a center, we are his third "committed" school, he averaged slight numbers off the bench at Texas Tech. We started talking about it in the prospect thread. He might not be eligible until the middle of next year from what we are thinking. My problem is that that is time that Guerrero and Santos won't be on the court and they are worth developing. At least Santos shows real hustle out there and can hit his shots from the charity strip. 

So in other words, we have quiet possibly landed another turd. I am so excited!!!!

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

So in other words, we have quiet possibly landed another turd. I am so excited!!!!

I mean that's not what I'm saying...but that's what I said yes. 

I frequently get exited about all our basketball talent coming in but I am very hesitant about this kid. I would have rathered us give the guys we have now the focus in practice and playing time next year and keep an open schollie (he makes 13 btw).

Perry, Da Silva, Santos, Guerrero, Manderson will be rotating at the 4-5 next year. I would HATE to see Santos left out in the wind because that man has energy that we need.

57 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Oh man, don't call a kid a turd. That's just wrong. 

He may or may not work out, but he is good enough to be doing something 99% of any kid that played a sport growing up could do.