• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF vs Jacksonville MBB

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

lol.....I hate that guy at the football games too. 

He does Lightning games, also ..... I've had about enough.

He also runs the defense. COA, and staff, have a pretty vocal, hands on coaching style ...... but it's whatever works and tonight it worked.

I think Sergio Rouco is more the defensive coach, and Antigua runs the offense. I'm not sure where the delegation of coaching begins and ends, so it's possible that during the game Antigua takes over the whole "kit and kaboodle," where at practice, he'll delegate defensive coaching to Rouco.

Yeah, meant during the game. Other coaches chime in occasionally but COrA does the bulk of directing ..

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

He does Lightning games, also ..... I've had about enough.

honestly it seems like something that would have been done in the XFL or Minor League Baseball. I have hated having that guy since he has been here. Too Cheesey

• Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

Could anyone imagine UF, FSU, Bama, etc... ever doing that crap.

Could anyone imagine UF, FSU, Bama, etc... ever doing that crap.

My memory may be totally ******* this up, but I think Notre Dame had something similar. Not the same type yahoo but stuff I'd never have imagined at a traditional college football school ...

I don't understand the small turnout with our state of the art Sun Dome on campus?????  What gives?  We should get 4K night in and night out just because it's on campus!

The ocs card was already played ...

• Downvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

But, but, but...on campus stadium.

Always with he negativity...:roflmao:

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Definitely the smallest crowd of the year, both civilians and students .... school is out though, I think.

School is out for Christmas break

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

I left the last game before the half.   Last night's game was much more entertaining.

Being there, it was interesting watching COA coaching and running his team. What I didn't like however, was that he was running the offense. I know McMurray is not savvy at the Point but ouch. 

They were trapping Cousins on the baseline and no help was rotating, poor kid was getting mobbed and then balled out because he turned it over.

Great shooting from McMurray

I will say that the more playing time Santos gets I think the better off we will be. 

Morillo passes the ball far too lackadaisically and needs to tighten that up, but he communicates with the bench well. 

As a whole we could use some call outs for screens and such.

I'd love to know what kind of zone they are playing.  Never saw a guy follow a dribbler through a screen across the top of the key to the other side of the floor in a zone.  Seems like they forget they're in a zone at times.  Looks like they line up in a 1 - 1 - 3 as the other team comes down the floor.  Not quite sure how you run that.  COA said pre game that they would play a lot of zone to help keep the guards out of foul trouble.

Morillo is the worst point guard in college basketball. McMurray out of the game and not on the bench. Don't know what's wrong.

Except he isn't a point guard.

Checked in at the start of 2nd half when we were up 19 and now we're only up 5...geeeesh

So you watching caused this???

Just an observation and a comparison. With all the talk of how this offense was supposed to be more dynamic and fast paced from what Heath ran, this team actually looks slower, less athletic and most of the time almost as methodical as Heath's teams except Heath did it on purpose because he knew he didn't have the scoring threats so he relied pn defense. 

I realize the injuries have taken its toll on the team, but the team doesn't look like they are any where near being close to a decent team, even in a win. 

I know they are still pretty young, inexperienced and shorthanded, but looking forward, Cousins' improvement this year has been helpful, but you lose him. No one else up front has looked even remotely decent defensively and on the boards. Mcmurray will improve and hopefully be more consistent, but unless there is an enormous turnaround it looks like this team is back to being at least 2 to 3 years away from being even average. When the guys producing are jrs and srs. 

I actually like Antiguas energy  i think he has to run the course of his contract so his style of play and kids can get to their upper classmen years as a team and see how it plays out  otherwise we are back to square one  

was there anyone in the sundome besides the team and the vendors to watch?  Couldn't even hear anyone clapping when someone did something good .

There are some pretty athletic guys on the team.  Morillo, Ziegler and Nunez seem to have speed and hops.  Don't think we saw Peters at full speed so hard to tell.

Definitely the smallest crowd of the year, both civilians and students .... school is out though, I think.

It is. Graduation was last week.  This Saturday's crowd will be worse by 2.  Christmas parties beckon.

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

Except he isn't a point guard.

I know he isn't, I was just making a joke because he was forced to play point for 2-3 possessions while McMurray was in the locker room, and on all of those possessions he turned it over before crossing half court and we ended up putting the Bryant in.