• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

USF vs Jacksonville MBB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We are still really bad at the game of male basketball 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

He also runs the defense. COA, and staff, have a pretty vocal, hands on coaching style ...... but it's whatever works and tonight it worked.

I think Sergio Rouco is more the defensive coach, and Antigua runs the offense. I'm not sure where the delegation of coaching begins and ends, so it's possible that during the game Antigua takes over the whole "kit and kaboodle," where at practice, he'll delegate defensive coaching to Rouco.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

To me this game showed two things:

1. This team had the talent and potential to play extremely well. They shot with the 4th best shooting percentage that a USF men's team has ever done. McMurray and Perry were really able to step up and score, and cousins dominated the boards. We scores 88 points while having over 20 turnovers. If we can learn to not take those risky/stupid passes we will have a lot of more shots to take and make. Also, McMurray made 6 three pointers and Perry never missed a field goal, and we seemed to get Jose lucky bounces and put backs which haven't gone out way in the past. Even if we lose every single game from here on out, we would know that this team has the potential to play great without its 2 beat guards on the floor, and 3/6 guards on the team out.

2. This team has learned how to finish out games. They had a huge lead at the half that quickly diminished into a 5 point lead because Jacksonville was making every thing they put up. Personally, I thought they were going to quit and blow the game which would have been extremely disappointing. Instead they went on a 17-3 run to get the lead back to where it was and they both played the same from there on out. 

hmmm what i saw was mostly a lot of uncontested shots and a lot rebounds on the defensive end where Jacksonville didn't even have a guy under the basket trying for a rebound. When they did we had a huge size advantage. Not sure that happens against even average teams. 

We had a talent and size advantage over JU. We did what we had to do. Which, I guess is an improvement for this team.

Still not a great performance and I'm still not seeing a lot of athleticism on the team. 

We are really thin at guard, especially at point. Turnovers are gonna be a problem in conference play. 

I think the coach can get them to play hard. I just see no identity to the team, no go to guy and don't see the talent or athleticism to hand with most of the teams in our conference, let alone to be competitive for a full 40 minutes.  I wouldn't be surprised to be out of most conference games by half time. 

I am expecting a pretty ugly remainder of the season. 

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

hmmm what i saw was mostly a lot of uncontested shots and a lot rebounds on the defensive end where Jacksonville didn't even have a guy under the basket trying for a rebound. When they did we had a huge size advantage. Not sure that happens against even average teams. 

We had a talent and size advantage over JU. We did what we had to do. Which, I guess is an improvement for this team.

Still not a great performance and I'm still not seeing a lot of athleticism on the team. 

We are really thin at guard, especially at point. Turnovers are gonna be a problem in conference play. 

I think the coach can get them to play hard. I just see no identity to the team, no go to guy and don't see the talent or athleticism to hand with most of the teams in our conference, let alone to be competitive for a full 40 minutes.  I wouldn't be surprised to be out of most conference games by half time. 

I am expecting a pretty ugly remainder of the season. 

I agree with this, but in the past we have been missing a lot of these uncontested shots, and the three pointers that we made were not all uncontested, and those that were are still a huge improvement on what we have done in the past. I don't expect for this team to win a lot of more games this season, I'm expecting about 8-9, but this shows that there is talent on this team and when they come out confident they aren't awful.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

Small mistakes on the court are building up in a typical game for sure, those lazy passes mainly. If we can tighten up our passing we could drop our turnovers per game down at least 4. Then yesterday, when Cousins is doubled there has to be help! Someone needs to rotate over for the bailout because he was getting mobbed and turned the ball over twice trying to get it to Rueben under the rim. 

I was at the game but it was dead. I tried some USF and lets go defense stuff but not even the friend that I brought helped. They need to raffle away some tickets every game just to help fill the stands and get the atmosphere back, otherwise these aren't "home" games. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,744
  • Content Count:  17,374
  • Days Won:  13

Small mistakes on the court are building up in a typical game for sure, those lazy passes mainly. If we can tighten up our passing we could drop our turnovers per game down at least 4. Then yesterday, when Cousins is doubled there has to be help! Someone needs to rotate over for the bailout because he was getting mobbed and turned the ball over twice trying to get it to Rueben under the rim.

I was at the game but it was dead. I tried some USF and lets go defense stuff but not even the friend that I brought helped. They need to raffle away some tickets every game just to help fill the stands and get the atmosphere back, otherwise these aren't "home" games.

Can you blame fans for staying home. It is a terrible product.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

terrble

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

But, but, but...on campus stadium.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

Just an observation and a comparison. With all the talk of how this offense was supposed to be more dynamic and fast paced from what Heath ran, this team actually looks slower, less athletic and most of the time almost as methodical as Heath's teams except Heath did it on purpose because he knew he didn't have the scoring threats so he relied pn defense. 

I realize the injuries have taken its toll on the team, but the team doesn't look like they are any where near being close to a decent team, even in a win. 

I know they are still pretty young, inexperienced and shorthanded, but looking forward, Cousins' improvement this year has been helpful, but you lose him. No one else up front has looked even remotely decent defensively and on the boards. Mcmurray will improve and hopefully be more consistent, but unless there is an enormous turnaround it looks like this team is back to being at least 2 to 3 years away from being even average. When the guys producing are jrs and srs. 

I actually like Antiguas energy  i think he has to run the course of his contract so his style of play and kids can get to their upper classmen years as a team and see how it plays out  otherwise we are back to square one  

was there anyone in the sundome besides the team and the vendors to watch?  Couldn't even hear anyone clapping when someone did something good .

Definitely the smallest crowd of the year, both civilians and students .... school is out though, I think.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

Fans aren't staying home because of a terrible product ...