• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Most points ever scored in a USF season???

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  145

the 2007 team put another 20 points on UCF--- 64-12

check the other scores (some games were OT aided).

EOjkVM1.jpg

The big difference is the very low point output we had early in this season  other than the FAMU game.

Plus-- we might get to play one more game if we snag the AACCG (Go UConn)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

We let that Rutger's game beat us more than once that season.

The total in 2007 was 451... USF has scored 402 this season.... which means we need 49 points in the bowl game to catch 2007.

Edited by JimUSFSig

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

That Rutgers loss (Which led to the UCONN loss).... Killed me.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

IF we get to play in the AACCG -- giving us one more game than we played in 2007 -- does breaking the record (short of scoring 50+ points in the championship) get the old asterisk in the USF record books?

The 451 point tally for the 2007 season includes the bowl game. I would imagine that (since bowl games are technically "extra") a CCG would also be added to the figures. 

The team averaged 34.692 PPG in 2007.. We're sitting at 33.5 PPG right now. Would be nice to top that number, but overall we've essentially doubled up on the "17 point curse" we had. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

the 2007 team played 13 games -- if we get into the AACCG, we will play in 14 games

Well, yes. Which is why I said I figured the "extra" game would still count. then I talked about PPG, because if at all else, looking at averages would provide us with a better look since the total number of games would be different between the two seasons. 

I mean, one could probably look at any given team with a record book and CCG appearances and look at how they "count" their point totals to get an idea of how they do it.

If anything, the 2007 team had 430 points through their 12 regular season games. This team has amassed 402. If we include the extra games, 2007 got to 451, this year has reached a to be determined number. I feel like "totals" shouldn't penalize a team for earning the extra game to boost those stats.

Hell, when we talk about records for  yards for a season, they include CCG's and bowl games. Why wouldn't point totals? 

Edited by Breedwell

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I think there was only 1 OT game that year and it was only 6 points if memory serves (Grothe to Hester) and then the greatest helmet flip from MG