• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Markus Lemonis

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Mark Lemonis Chairman and CEO of Camping World and Good Sam Enterprises , TV celebrity, Philanthropist   made a plea on Facebook to the Miami Hurricanes fans and the university urging the university to build a new stadium for their Football team. He said he would donate the first 1 million if they commit  to building a stadium.  His reasoning is the stadium is Too big, too far from campus, not fan friendly for college football esp the students ect.... the same things our fans complain about all the time.  

We need someone to step up like him and start the same conversation and put pressure on USF to do the same. (Sorry for starting another OCS thread but see the similarities with poor attendance ect..).  Wish I had his deep pockets (Id make the  same offer but that's not my reality so cant).   Im sure that many of us would be willing to donate what WE COULD to a stadium fund if one was started.  Reading the post replying to his original post it looks like its gaining some traction(former Players have also committed to donating as a result).   Will be interesting to see how this plays out.  http://www.stateoftheu.com/2015/11/21/9776870/the-profit-has-spoken-and-hes-got-1-million-to-help-the-u-build-the

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

OCS is a must to get into the P5, and before Trip asks for a stupid link, it's been talked about everywhere 

• Upvote 1

Have to spend money to make money. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

OCS is a must to get into the P5, and before Trip asks for a stupid link, it's been talked about everywhere 

I would imagine if a P5 conference came to us and said. "you know, we would invite you, if only you had an OCS".  We would jump on it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

I never ask for links, smart or stupid, for a poster's opinion .... which is all that is.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Mark Lemonis Chairman and CEO of Camping World and Good Sam Enterprises , TV celebrity, Philanthropist   made a plea on Facebook to the Miami Hurricanes fans and the university urging the university to build a new stadium for their Football team. He said he would donate the first 1 million if they commit  to building a stadium.  His reasoning is the stadium is Too big, too far from campus, not fan friendly for college football esp the students ect.... the same things our fans complain about all the time.  

We need someone to step up like him and start the same conversation and put pressure on USF to do the same. (Sorry for starting another OCS thread but see the similarities with poor attendance ect..).  Wish I had his deep pockets (Id make the  same offer but that's not my reality so cant).   Im sure that many of us would be willing to donate what WE COULD to a stadium fund if one was started.  Reading the post replying to his original post it looks like its gaining some traction(former Players have also committed to donating as a result).   Will be interesting to see how this plays out.  http://www.stateoftheu.com/2015/11/21/9776870/the-profit-has-spoken-and-hes-got-1-million-to-help-the-u-build-the

While that is a nice gesture, $1 mil won't even scratch the surface of what is needed for a stadium.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

I would imagine if a P5 conference came to us and said. "you know, we would invite you, if only you had an OCS".  We would jump on it.

I'd like to believe you are right.  Would also like to be able to announce it proactively but I know it's not cheap or easy.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

Yeah 1 million is a drop in bucket compared to how much it will cost to build a stadium. It might not even be enough to buy the land...

While that is a nice gesture, $1 mil won't even scratch the surface of what is needed for a stadium.

Agree 1 million is nothing when we are talking about a stadium. However its a start, Its money in the fund, its also getting other people on board as well.   (more than we are doing here at USF) 

Would be nice if USF had a OCS fund created that people could donate too.  Might be surprised at how many  that may donate.

Edited by Dhambuc
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

I'll write a $20 check.

• Upvote 2