• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Markus Lemonis

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,205
  • Days Won:  422

We should think outside the box.  Start the donation fund  asap allowing EVERYONE to contribute that wants too,  start a Kick starter fund as well.  

If, a big if, something is to be done right now, whatever moneys are contributed need to be able to show up in the Contributions area of these figures, NCAA Finances  It's pathetic where we stand in line with the other reporting schools in that key category ..... and looking at it, it's also a reason why Memphis is in the expansion talk.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Anyone on here can start a non-profit organization and start your own fundraising. 

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

We should think outside the box.  Start the donation fund  asap allowing EVERYONE to contribute that wants too,  start a Kick starter fund as well.   Sell Bricks and Blocks." Buy a Brick campaign" (Sell bricks for cpl hundred a piece allowing people to have names on engraved on them) ,  Do a seat deposit similar to what the Bucs and other teams have done , Sell Name plates  to be placed on seats like they have at Navy Marine Corp  Stadium and the Performing arts center in Tampa.  Tap into the former players (NFL Players).    Add a stadium surcharge(cpl bucks per game)  to all future games starting asap (this way the donation doesn't seem like a big hit).  Sell advertising everywhere and anywhere you can, inside and out.    

Def get Mosi downtown and try to hit up Vinick  as well.  Hit up the Glazers (least they can do considering the money they make off of USF and the fact they donated a lot of money for Tulane's Stadium

As for Lemonis 1 million is a lot of money esp from someone who went to Marquette(not Miami).

I know that UF did something similar for their newest renovations. They did a "Buy a Brick campaign" to have a spot on their "Gator Walk." It would be a pretty cool idea to do something similar, since we also do a pregame walk.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,085
  • Days Won:  6

Rather have cpl areas around the  stadium with Live Bulls in them,  (def place one on the visiting fan side and make the visiting team walk by or thru  it each game)

how cool that be?  

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,606
  • Days Won:  51

Let's set up a Go Fund Me page for the stadium.  I've seen GFM programs bring in millions.  Think about it.  USF has ~ 500k living alumni. If each one gave $100 that's $50million.   Obviously won't get close to 100% but I can forsee $1000 donations covering for those 10 people who do nothing.  

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

tumblr_m7vkrb3f9p1ramus3o1_500.jpg

If only Dr. Evil was a Fan of the Bulls.

1430525720079.jpg

Let's set up a Go Fund Me page for the stadium.  I've seen GFM programs bring in millions.  Think about it.  USF has ~ 500k living alumni. If each one gave $100 that's $50million.   Obviously won't get close to 100% but I can forsee $1000 donations covering for those 10 people who do nothing.  

Only downside of those type of funding sites is the % they take out from the donations. I used one to raise funds for a philanthropy and even as a 501(c) fund, I still lost around 8% with each donation due to fees. The % is higher than that for non tax deductible fundraisers. Just something to keep in mind.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,606
  • Days Won:  51

Only downside of those type of funding sites is the % they take out from the donations. I used one to raise funds for a philanthropy and even as a 501(c) fund, I still lost around 8% with each donation due to fees. The % is higher than that for non tax deductible fundraisers. Just something to keep in mind.

wow, didn't know that.  I still think we need to get the big whales caught privately first, then open it up to John and Jane Bull.  

• Upvote 1

wow, didn't know that.  I still think we need to get the big whales caught privately first, then open it up to John and Jane Bull.  

I'm not against the idea of using a crowd-funding site, I think it would be a great way to market the idea to all Bulls regardless of their net income. It would make John or Jane Bull feel more connected to the progression of the program and university. With sites like KickStarter, with the approval from USF Athletics, even tie in the "Buy a Brick campaign" along with other donation tiers. 

Anyone on here can start a non-profit organization and start your own fundraising. 

The question is though, who is going to take that initiative? I feel like this would definitely grab the universities attention. 

Edited by bullsmeanbusiness