• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TV on Saturday?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

+1

Also, if Temple is picked up by anything other than ESPN3 (which it will), this will be the first time that every game we have played against an FBS opponent has been broadcasted in HD.

Aren't we getting fancy!

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

ESPN3 is in HD, or at least just as good as the half-arsed HD that Brighthouse and Verizon FIOS transmits.  How to easily get it on your HDTV with minimal effort?  Get an Xbox 360 and download the WatchESPN app.  Microsoft is practically giving away the Xbox 360 at this point.  You do not even need a Microsoft Gold Live account; you can use the Silver Live account tor WatchESPN now, so there is no subscription fees for access to that online content.  You will need a subscription to a cable provider and sign in to get access to WatchESPN.

This is much easier than huddling around a computer screen or trying to hook up a PC to your HDTV if you are not technically inclined.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

We will be at Dowdy Ficklen Stadium

If you are wandering around the Silver Lot and see a Toyota Sienna with some Bulls fans stop by and say Hi.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

ESPN3 is in HD, or at least just as good as the half-arsed HD that Brighthouse and Verizon FIOS transmits.  How to easily get it on your HDTV with minimal effort?  Get an Xbox 360 and download the WatchESPN app.  Microsoft is practically giving away the Xbox 360 at this point.  You do not even need a Microsoft Gold Live account; you can use the Silver Live account tor WatchESPN now, so there is no subscription fees for access to that online content.  You will need a subscription to a cable provider and sign in to get access to WatchESPN.

This is much easier than huddling around a computer screen or trying to hook up a PC to your HDTV if you are not technically inclined.

An easier and cheaper option than buying a console would be to get a chromecast. It's about $30.00 and all they need to do is get the free chromecast AP for their phone or tablet and they can stream the watch ESPN app right to their HDTV. The quality is excellent and it's it's much, much cheaper. 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

An easier and cheaper option than buying a console would be to get a chromecast. It's about $30.00 and all they need to do is get the free chromecast AP for their phone or tablet and they can stream the watch ESPN app right to their HDTV. The quality is excellent and it's it's much, much cheaper. 

You beat me to it, ChromeCast is great.  Also you could just use an old laptop and run the HDMI cable out of your laptop and connect it directly to your TV.  That's only $10 for the HDMI cable.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

You beat me to it, ChromeCast is great.  Also you could just use an old laptop and run the HDMI cable out of your laptop and connect it directly to your TV.  That's only $10 for the HDMI cable.

Never tried Chromecast.  Does it play games?  :clubfight:

Sure the laptop thing works, if you have a laptop to do that and it has an HDMI jack, and plenty do not.  Then you have to deal with all the headaches of a personal computer to get it to display on the HDTV.  Do you have a wireless remote?

I mentioned the Xbox 360 because many people have one or their kids have one or you can pick up a used one for a song.  It is plug and play and even if you do not have the media remote, the wireless game controller works fine.

I have mentioned the more complex, but often cheaper option of hooking up an old desktop or laptop many times in the past, and then I get bombarded with tech support questions.  That is another reason I recommend the Xbox.

Which ever option works for you is all good.  I just get tired of the whining about ESPN3 and WatchESPN, when it is very easy to find an option that works with your HDTV.