• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

COACH SCOTT WINS

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

Miami.png

Aren't all scoring plays reviewed? I assume the replay ref was the first one suspended ..... he has zero excuse.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

So you would be saying that duke "won" on a technicality had that insane play not happened since they were awarded a TD that never should have counted? Doubt it.

The last play is much more egregious.  It's a judgment call whether a ball crosses the plane. With different TV angles it's hard to tell exactly if and when it crossed to the exact inch, even if the camera is directly down the end zone line.  Mainly because the line does not go up in the air it's on the ground, so you're having to make a judgment call within a few inches here or there.  Most TD's that happen in a pile are a judgment and even some that are not are a judgment.  This happens in every game.  The refs don't exacty know, so that's why you hear the phrase the play stands as called, meaning we didn't have enough evidence one way or another.  Everything under 3-4 inches one way or another is basically a guess, refs call, or whatever you want to call it.  It's not exact.

The last play was different.  There's no judgment involved.  He was down (among the 4 mistakes made).  There is no questioning this.  There was clear and convincing evidence.  It's crystal clear, and can't be argued, despite some trying to argue it.  Look at the photo I posted.  Miami lost the game, plain and simple, despite what the scoreboard says.  There's a reason a lot of media outlets called for the score to be overturned and Duke awarded a victory.    

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

The last play is much more egregious.  It's a judgment call whether a ball crosses the plane. With different TV angles it's hard to tell exactly if and when it crossed to the exact inch, even if the camera is directly down the end zone line.  Mainly because the line does not go up in the air it's on the ground, so you're having to make a judgment call within a few inches here or there.  Most TD's that happen in a pile are a judgment and even some that are not are a judgment.  This happens in every game.  The refs don't exacty know, so that's why you hear the phrase the play stands as called, meaning we didn't have enough evidence one way or another.  Everything under 3-4 inches one way or another is basically a guess, refs call, or whatever you want to call it.  It's not exact.

The last play was different.  There's no judgment involved.  He was down (among the 4 mistakes made).  There is no questioning this.  There was clear and convincing evidence.  It's crystal clear, and can't be argued, despite some trying to argue it.  Look at the photo I posted.  Miami lost the game, plain and simple, despite what the scoreboard says.  There's a reason a lot of media outlets called for the score to be overturned and Duke awarded a victory.    

The only clear evidence was a photo taken by a cameraman that is not available to the refs during the game.  All the refs had were what they saw and what the TV cameras saw, which is the same in every game, collegiate or pro.  None of them captured a clear shot of the knee being down.   So in effect, its the same as what you described happened in the end zone for Duke... a judgement call.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

The only clear evidence was a photo taken by a cameraman that is not available to the refs during the game.  All the refs had were what they saw and what the TV cameras saw, which is the same in every game, collegiate or pro.  None of them captured a clear shot of the knee being down.   So in effect, its the same as what you described happened in the end zone for Duke... a judgement call.

I saw the video of the player and it was clear in that, if you stopped the video when his knee touched, that he still had the ball in his hand.  It's the same evidence that the ACC had when they said the refs made the wrong decision and were suspended.  So now the ACC is wrong too.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I saw the video of the player and it was clear in that, if you stopped the video when his knee touched, that he still had the ball in his hand.  It's the same evidence that the ACC had when they said the refs made the wrong decision and were suspended.  So now the ACC is wrong too.

Please quote me where I said the the refs were right, and thus the ACC are wrong?

Hint: you wont find any, in fact you'll find where I said that the refs screwed up more than just that last play. 

Watching the game (with their replays) at the time, I did not see conclusive evidence regarding the knee being down.  Once you have hours/days to look through all websites providing all the detailed evidence for along with the time to re-watch the TV , then you are able to see much more details.

But I will restate.. the refs made questionable calls both ways.  Which ever team won had reason to gripe.