• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

COACH SCOTT WINS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I know I've been very anti-fire CWT, especially when it comes to bringing up new names. But, Larry Scott would be at the top of my list for CWT replacements. Not a big fan of his lack of experience, but I can't imagine there is one USF fan/supporter who wouldn't be able to get behind Larry Scott and buy-in to him early on.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Apparently you didn't actually watch the game. Miami got hosed on call after call on Duke's last drive and to top it off Duke was given a TD when the ball never even crosses the goal line with 6 seconds left and no timeouts. Game should have been over then as time would have expired. The officiating was trash the whole game not just on the last play.

Say what you want, but Miami did not "win" the game, despite what the scoreboard and refs said.  The refs gave them a "victory".

There is a reason why the ACC flat out said they were wrong on the last play AND were suspended for 2 games.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Say what you want, but Miami did not "win" the game, despite what the scoreboard and refs said.  The refs gave them a "victory".

There is a reason why the ACC flat out said they were wrong on the last play AND were suspended for 2 games.

Have to go with BrowardBull on this one.

If you watched the game, there were several questionable calls that led to Duke scoring in the previous drive (and more during the entirety of the game.)

Several PI and what looked like the wrong call on crossing the goal line.  Miami had over 20 penalties called against them.

If you are going to argue that Miami didn't "win" the game because of officiating, then you'd have to argee that Duke wouldn't have either if Miami didn't score.  One issue is that all of the media is only showing the Miami TD return on the news, but not showing all of the other horrible calls that went against them as well.

All in all it was a very, very horribly officiated game... much worse than can be compared with the USF vs Navy loss.

Edit: It's almost as if the officials knew they blew the calls on the previous drive so tried to make things right by blowing calls on the return

Edited by Dogma

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  807
  • Days Won:  1

Miami was penalized 23 times to Duke's 5 and the refs "game Miami the victory?" Makes sense.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I know I've been very anti-fire CWT, especially when it comes to bringing up new names. But, Larry Scott would be at the top of my list for CWT replacements. Not a big fan of his lack of experience, but I can't imagine there is one USF fan/supporter who wouldn't be able to get behind Larry Scott and buy-in to him early on.

Replace someone relatively inexperienced for someone else inexperienced? Both Scott and Taggart are pretty similar, other than the "feel good" bring back the home grown guy back feeling hiring Scott could evoke, so it makes no sense. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Have to go with BrowardBull on this one.

If you watched the game, there were several questionable calls that led to Duke scoring in the previous drive (and more during the entirety of the game.)

Several PI and what looked like the wrong call on crossing the goal line.  Miami had over 20 penalties called against them.

If you are going to argue that Miami didn't "win" the game because of officiating, then you'd have to argee that Duke wouldn't have either if Miami didn't score.  One issue is that all of the media is only showing the Miami TD return on the news, but not showing all of the other horrible calls that went against them as well.

All in all it was a very, very horribly officiated game... much worse than can be compared with the USF vs Navy loss.

Edit: It's almost as if the officials knew they blew the calls on the previous drive so tried to make things right by blowing calls on the return

Because that's the only one that matters in this situation. It was the last play of the game and they missed 4 calls on one play You can't go back and review an entire game and nit pick. But, the last play is entirely different, especially in this one game. I don't think you can go back and give Duke the game though, once the game is over, it's over, but I get why so many are angry. Those refs should never be allowed to officiate again.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Miami was penalized 23 times to Duke's 5 and the refs "game Miami the victory?" Makes sense.

That actually makes perfect sense if you look at how the two teams are made up. UM has a history of being an undisciplined team that takes alot of penalties. Duke has a history of doing the exact opposite.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Doesn't matter how many penalties were called as long as most were legit.  Refs miss penalties every game.  However the last play was particularly egregious.  Miami flat out lost the game, but were awarded a "win" when they shouldn't have.  End of story.  Miami lost, period, but "won" on a technicality.  They did not actually win, per se. 

Edited by BullsFanInTX

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  807
  • Days Won:  1

Doesn't matter how many penalties were called as long as most were legit.  Refs miss penalties every game.  However the last play was particularly egregious.  Miami flat out lost the game, but were awarded a "win" when they shouldn't have.  End of story.  Miami lost, period, but "won" on a technicality.  They did not actually win, per se. 

So you would be saying that duke "won" on a technicality had that insane play not happened since they were awarded a TD that never should have counted? Doubt it.