• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Three back set

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Defensive penetration would disrupt that backfield.  

They were running it to get outside of the UConn front since they were getting penettation or at least clogging the holes.

Makes sense to use speed to your advantage. Well executed screens could also negate defensive penetration.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

They were running it to get outside of the UConn front since they were getting penettation or at least clogging the holes.

Makes sense to use speed to your advantage. Well executed screens could also negate defensive penetration.

Agreed that our backs had a speed advantage on their LBs. Their line didn't get much penetration but they clogged the front and allowed the LBs to clean up. 

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

Are you suggesting that it hurts from a recruiting perspective?  I am not agreeing or disagreeing just curious?  

Defensive penetration disrupts all backfields.

if we make this a regular formation, Just kind of wondering what others think? Does this help or hurt? I could see it going either way. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624
  • Days Won:  0

If it became the majority of our offense it would hurt it terms of skilled WR's and/or TE's, but a counter argument can be made by looking at Georgia Tech who had Calvin Johnson, and Demaryius Thomas. I think the expansion of our offense to include the WR's more is going to help more than anything we do will hurt it. Why would a WR want to come here after watching the first 4 games of the season? That question has been flipped on its head the past two games.

Any offensive progression is going to help recruiting. Oregon is a run heavy team, but they still get good/great receivers. Same with Alabama. I realize these teams are powerhouse teams, but the point still stands. Unless we turn into an option only team, offensive progression is a plus

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

How much does this effect recruiting?

Isn't this more of sign Kinnan is taking over the offensive philosophy.  If I'm not mistaken this formation is the "Hurricane Offense" base formation Kinnan recently ran at ManateeHS.  I just noticed we used this formation not only to run Flowers in the inside and Mack to the outside but also at the end of the game to ice UCONN with the 3rd TD pass to Adams.  So we are running a few plays already out of this formation and I think they will continue to install more...and I think they should.

Edited by usfbullrider