• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCONN 2 Point Fav

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I said I would stay off QF because of then win, but that was before I watched the game.  He is an awful QB and I can’t see how anyone can watch the replay and say otherwise.    

There's been a lot of emphasis put on the QBR pertaining to QF recently and according to it this week, he was 42 out of 100. Not great, or even good, but definitely not awful .... and better than the ex UF qb Grier, other ex UF qb's in Driskel and Brissett, the winning qb of the ConFLiCT, the one that got away in Litton and qb's from illustrious programs such as Alabama, Oklahoma and Oregon. Bottom line here is ....

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c0/99/4b/c0994b31874f737899aa4ed64c9edd48.jpg

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

There's been a lot of emphasis put on the QBR pertaining to QF recently and according to it this week, he was 42 out of 100. Not great, or even good, but definitely not awful .... and better than the ex UF qb Grier, other ex UF qb's in Driskel and Brissett, the winning qb of the ConFLiCT, the one that got away in Litton and qb's from illustrious programs such as Alabama, Oklahoma and Oregon. Bottom line here is ....

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c0/99/4b/c0994b31874f737899aa4ed64c9edd48.jpg

That is a nice breast cancer awareness suit.  But you are right, I am a hater (meaning I do not believe that QF is a good QB), and I freely admit it.  

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

A good running game and good pass rush travel well

usf's young players got their taste for blood last week.  Avoid turnovers and we'll win this week.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

2 points sounds about right.   (usually the home team gets 3 points for playing at home, so based on the spread Vegas thinks we are about a  1 point favorite).    We usually play close games as well.  (Games usually decided by 4 points or less)(in recent games).    

We need to be ready for a hard fought game. Expect it to be physical. Its their homecoming which should be a good rowdy crowd. They are riding high after their blowout win over their rival this past weekend in Orlando.  We need to be ready, not over confident and play a good , clean smart game to win. On paper we are pretty evenly matched so We can not make too many mistakes in this one and expect to win. 

My Keys to the game are:   1) game will be decided at the line by whoever plays the best on the OLine and  can establish the running attack.  2) Passing game is a wash in my opinion. (doubt we see a lot from either team)  (We have the Edge at QB due to our running ability. 3) Defense we also have the edge(but only a slight edge)  4.) Special teams not so sure about. (so will give the edge to UConn). 5) Coaching :  Have to give it to UConn(until I see more from Coach T and see that the Cuse game wasn't a fluke) 6.) Turnover battle: We need to win the TO battle or keep it within 1 differential or it may be too much to overcome. 7.) Intensity : Whatever team plays the cleanest  , mistake free game with the most intensity will most likely win.

Hopefully the weather wont be a factor.( cold front coming thru this week/ weekend up north)  Temps for Sat could struggle to reach the low 50's with a 50 % chance of rain (of course it could change before Sat (warmer or colder).   Some  higher elevations  (areas away from the coast) could see the first snowfall of the year if the 2nd cold front comes thur as they are predicting.  Hope Our "Pups" have their fur and the weather doesn't bother them.  UConn seems to be in good shape (weather didn't bother them in Orlando this past weekend like it did Syracuse here in Tampa)(they played in the afternoon just like we did).

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

It's clear to me that QF is getting better every game.  I don't think he can chuck the rock, but he can win us some games. Did you guys notice how pissed he was getting waiting for the plays to be sent in.  QF wants to play and play hard.