• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Daniels vs Flowers--A Tale of the Tape

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Cool.  One was an almost three-year starter.  The other has started six games.  

A veritable gold mine of direct correlations and comparable stats awaits.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

I get the comparison.  I compare the two talking because BJ was the most recent QB of success we've had.  It's actually a really good comparison that is worth discussing.  Many wondered how BJ would have performed in a better offense.  Well QF and BJ have quite a few of the same attributes... both a little more athletic than Grothe.  BJ appeared to put a lot more zip on the ball but Flowers has a touch and awareness moving in the pocket BJ didn't have.  Flowers continues to look down field when he scrambles... BJ was gone when things broke down.  It could be because of the talent at WR... I think we have more now, though.   I think if you look at stats during their first year as starters they trend towards Flowers.  He doesn't turn the ball over as much as BJ did.  He also doesn't force a lot of throws.  I really think Flowers could be in the process of blossoming in this offense.  It's not the typical offense most are use to.  The skills it takes to play QB in this system are different.  We'll see more I guess as the season goes along but he's already tossed 8 TDs in the first 5 games and is trending up.  

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

I'm comparing two in the same...below average D1 QBs--Daniels and Flowers.

Are you really saying a QB who had more total yards than Donovan Mcnabb was below average?

BJ was an above average college QB who still managed to put up the 3rd most yards in Big East history despite a coach who didn't know how to manage a game at a P5 level.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/conferences/big-east/leaders/tot-yds-player-career.html

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Are you really saying a QB who had more total yards than Donovan Mcnabb was below average?

BJ was an above average college QB who still managed to put up the 3rd most yards in Big East history despite a coach who didn't know how to manage a game at a P5 level.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/conferences/big-east/leaders/tot-yds-player-career.html

This.  Thats why this has to be an obvious troll thread.  Or at least I like to think so.  Its hard to tell now a days, there are people this detached from reality sadly.