• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I am watching the SMU-Houston game. Both teams feature dynamic running QBs.  They both seem pretty dynamic and to be true playmakers. 

I have been impressed with Flowers' escapability when he does drop back, but have not been impressed with his playmaking or running ability. 

Is it our offense or is he really not a great playmaker or am I missing something?

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  131
  • Days Won:  0

I am watching the SMU-Houston game. Both teams feature dynamic running QBs.  They both seem pretty dynamic and to be true playmakers. 

I have been impressed with Flowers' escapability when he does drop back, but have not been impressed with his playmaking or running ability. 

Is it our offense or is he really not a great playmaker or am I missing something?

Maybe it's because Flowers is having trouble seeing the opponent's Defense - at least based on the following excerpt from interview with Taggart: Taggart reiterated how important it will be for QB Quinton Flowers to utilize TEs Sean Price and Kano Dillon consistently against the Orange. "For a quarterback that can't necessarily see over the line all the time, it's great to have some big targets to throw the ball to," 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I was thinking the same thing.  Flowers has done well with erratic snaps (hopefully that skill is less needed as the year wears on), and he's been elusive in avoiding sacks.  But as much has been made of QF as being more of a runner (true), both the QBs in this game seem faster, better in the open field and better body control.  Neither are pocket passers, but seem to throw better than Flowers.  We're clearly behind here (granted, QF has fewer starts than both, but maybe not by more than a year).

• Content Count:  131

I was thinking the same thing.  Flowers has done well with erratic snaps (hopefully that skill is less needed as the year wears on), and he's been elusive in avoiding sacks.  But as much has been made of QF as being more of a runner (true), both the QBs in this game seem faster, better in the open field and better body control.  Neither are pocket passers, but seem to throw better than Flowers.  We're clearly behind here (granted, QF has fewer starts than both, but maybe not by more than a year).

Yep, I agree.  Both the Houston and SMU QBs play at a higher level than Flowers, and most importantly, both team's offenses can put up scores.  I suspect that both will easily exceed 17 points tonight.

• Content Count:  472

I don't think Flowers will be able to get it done . To me he just doesn't look like a QB . I would be very surprised if by the middle of next season if he is our starter. If cwt gets canned I doubt he is our starter at the end of this season. But then again I was criticized on a previous thread and called a moron for questioning his QB skills. So maybe he is awesome

• Upvote 1

I just hope someone can figure out how we are going to put up at least 28-35 against either team  they both can move the ball .  Oh yeah, we don't play Houston  still SMU will be a handful  

Edited by usfgrad84

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

I just hope someone can figure out how we are going to put up at least 28-35 against either team  they both can move the ball .  Oh yeah, we don't play Houston  still SMU will be a handful  

We wouldn't have needed that much against Memphis and their offense is much more potent. We've got this

We wouldn't have needed that much against Memphis and their offense is much more potent. We've got this

hmmm.  We needed at least 25 and Memphis started milking the clock with about 10 minutes to go in the game. 

We will need a way to figure out how to put some points up against SMU. We aren't going to win many games with 17 points. 

It will be interesting to see the Chad Morris vs Tom Allen chess match though  

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I don't think Flowers will be able to get it done . To me he just doesn't look like a QB . I would be very surprised if by the middle of next season if he is our starter. If cwt gets canned I doubt he is our starter at the end of this season. But then again I was criticized on a previous thread and called a moron for questioning his QB skills. So maybe he is awesome

I don't think Flowers can get it done.  Nothing I have seen from him tells me otherwise..  The QB's from SMU and Houston are both mobile but can actually complete passes and move the ball.