• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Actual attendance tonight 14,271

I'm relatively sure (I'd put the probability at 99.9%) this will be our last season for season tickets. With the changes to the 'need' to retain season tickets versus the opportunity to purchase single game tickets in the unfilled lower bowl, I think we've done our part. We were there last night, all four tix used, and will be until the end of the season. I think, going forth, we're going to just select a game(s) we want to see and go that route. Unlike some of you, I just don't have what it takes to continue, year after year, to give up time and money for incremental improvements that may or may not result in greater gains (in particular I'm referring to the P5/G5 split). Watching USF football ceased to be fun some time back. I'm not entirely certain, but USF season ticket base may have fallen below 2K for this year. 234 was more or less deserted...a lot of the people we've been with for years are no longer there. We're done.

I'd be willing to bet you won't get FSU tickets next year without a season ticket -- or maybe a 3-pack if they offer it.  To prevent FSU fans from buying too many of the tickets.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I'm relatively sure (I'd put the probability at 99.9%) this will be our last season for season tickets. With the changes to the 'need' to retain season tickets versus the opportunity to purchase single game tickets in the unfilled lower bowl, I think we've done our part. We were there last night, all four tix used, and will be until the end of the season. I think, going forth, we're going to just select a game(s) we want to see and go that route. Unlike some of you, I just don't have what it takes to continue, year after year, to give up time and money for incremental improvements that may or may not result in greater gains (in particular I'm referring to the P5/G5 split). Watching USF football ceased to be fun some time back. I'm not entirely certain, but USF season ticket base may have fallen below 2K for this year. 234 was more or less deserted...a lot of the people we've been with for years are no longer there. We're done.

I think this is our plan as well.  We have continued to donate and purchase season tickets since season 1/  We decreased from 4 to 2 this year and see the same boring losing football we have seen for the past 5 years. The stadium is more empty each game and we have seen others give up their tickets as well.  It is very difficult to get to Ray Jay on Thursday and Friday nights but I have left work early meaning I must work extra every other day to make the time up.  I never used to mind doing that and used to enjoy coming to the games, standing up and screaming for our Bulls.  It is not fun anymore and at almost $50 a ticket is has gotten old.  As Wooly says the lower bowl is empty and I was appalled that my sons bought 4 tickets in our row at the cost of $85 for all 4 including the taxes and fees.  We are in section 113 and thee were no where near the amounts of people there as there have been prior to this year. 

Edited by snarling Bull

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

Got to keep being a season ticket holder so that you get great seats for the OCS. You all been through five seasons of bad football so why stop now ??? 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Would it change your minds if USF went out and got a "name" coach and you believed they were serious about doing whatever it takes to turn it around?  Would you renew then, or would they have to earn you back over time?  I'm asking because my wife and I had the same conversation on the way to the game last night--about bailing on tickets and getting a boat.  Games are not fun any more, only the tailgates and the company.

Got to keep being a season ticket holder so that you get great seats for the OCS. You all been through five seasons of bad football so why stop now ???

My spouse and/ or I will probably be dead before that happens. My spouse has been retired for 10 years.

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

Student section looked strong & active

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  344
  • Days Won:  1

Students might show up next week, but imagine if we lose that one too.  Bets for 9,000 or below actual attendance by the end of the year. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  277
  • Days Won:  0

Another factor in the worsening attendance is that we have replaced West Virginia and Louisville on our schedule with Temple and SMU.  Our season tickets no longer hold the value they once did because the demand has lessened.  I looked at my ticket book yesterday and wow, not a single visiting team I would go out of my way to see.  That wasn't the case in previous years.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980

At least we covered the "OVER" for the attendance low mark.

"In Taggart’s first season, a November game against SMU drew only 14,240 to the 67,000-seat stadium, USF’s lowest-attended conference game in program history. " 

http://www.usforacle.com/news/view.php/1010586/Column-Is-Willie-Taggarts-bus-veering-of

Another factor in the worsening attendance is that we have replaced West Virginia and Louisville on our schedule with Temple and SMU.  Our season tickets no longer hold the value they once did because the demand has lessened.  I looked at my ticket book yesterday and wow, not a single visiting team I would go out of my way to see.  That wasn't the case in previous years.

could you imagine  the score against those 2?