• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Maybe its not the coaches

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Its not a dictatorship, coaches include the Allens, the Kinnans, the Tomeys, the Holtzes, the O-coordinators, the d-coordinators, the strength coaches.....can they all be that bad for the last 4 years? These are college kids lining up against other college kids...what are we doing wrong? Its like the whole culture of USF football has completely gone awash....everybody wants the next coach, the next qb, the next d-coordinator....is it something more? Is it the whole culture at usf, in the athletic dept, on the campus? Something is off

BS, I've been saying for years now that CWT is NOT a Div 1 college coach to much abuse here.  He's the leader, he sets the tone and he is woefully inept. It's the head coach that drives a team to winning, wins and bowls or drives them into the proverbial ditch.  It's that friggin simple.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

You want to shake this program back to its core?

C........

J........

L........

What is most upsetting is both Holtz and Taggart had success before coming to USF. Holtz leaves does well...

Holtz wasn't half as bad as Taggart.  If he would have recruited instead of traveling on junkets and going to celebrity golf tournaments he would still be here. He didn't take this job as seriously as he should of because Woolard told him his job wasn't at risk just before pulling the plug.  Woolard replaced someone competent, that he needed to effectively manage as the AD, with a worthless recruiter who can't coach his way out a wet paper bag.

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

Then why is Holyz doing well now? And dont gimme that not d-1 bs, coaching is coaching, there is more "talent" in tampa than in la tech....

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Days Won:  1

Holtz and Taggart are not top level D1 coaches. They are better suited for CUSA, Sunbelt, etc but not for the american, mw, or p5 conference. And as far as the players, Taggart brings them in and sets the tone for them so it sounds like he is soft and does not institute discipline onto the players or the players have no fear of him so they don't care

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

I would welcome back CJL always have, wont happen while Judy is here though, prolly never happen

Holtz and Taggart are not top level D1 coaches. They are better suited for CUSA, Sunbelt, etc but not for the american, mw, or p5 conference. And as far as the players, Taggart brings them in and sets the tone for them so it sounds like he is soft and does not institute discipline onto the players or the players have no fear of him so they don't care

They don't respect him, that much I know from some players and their parents.  They think he's an idiot and I believe they are right.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

They don't respect him, that much I know from some players and their parents.  They think he's an idiot and I believe they are right.

You aren't the first I've heard that from.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

What is most upsetting is both Holtz and Taggart had success before coming to USF. Holtz leaves does well...

If you consider 7 wins in CUSA success, I guess so.