• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The reason Bench was given a drive in the game.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

CWT repeated has put QBs in when it made no sense last year and he did it when QF was the backup being brought in so it's not surprising just terribly terribly disappointing...

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

I wonder what else was the plan all along.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  151
  • Days Won:  0

He should have said "We couldn't afford another 8 minute drive to score, Bench gave us a higher risk higher reward opportunity to catch up in the limited time".

However I applaud a man who keeps his word.

Technically CWT did NOT keep his word since Bench was not put in until the 4th quarter. And that seems to be typical of him from what I have seen and heard over the years.

My guess is he made that story up to cover up his inability as a coach and he will put the blame on anyone and everyone instead of taking ownership of his mistakes and therefore blamed it on Bench. This isn't the first time CWT has shown his dislike or disdain for Bench, as we have seen over the previous years as well as this year. And definitely continues to show his inability to call plays and coach well enough to use the talent he has wisely so to put the best players on the field to give us a fighting chance of winning.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

I hope to god this is a misinterpretation because it would be the most damning piece of evidence I've seen for Taggart.

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

I hope to god this is a misinterpretation because it would be the most damning piece of evidence I've seen for Taggart.

This is what he said in his press conference, I don't know how this could be taken in any other way

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

He should have said "We couldn't afford another 8 minute drive to score, Bench gave us a higher risk higher reward opportunity to catch up in the limited time".

However I applaud a man who keeps his word.

Technically CWT did NOT keep his word since Bench was not put in until the 4th quarter. And that seems to be typical of him from what I have seen and heard over the years.

My guess is he made that story up to cover up his inability as a coach and he will put the blame on anyone and everyone instead of taking ownership of his mistakes and therefore blamed it on Bench. This isn't the first time CWT has shown his dislike or disdain for Bench, as we have seen over the previous years as well as this year. And definitely continues to show his inability to call plays and coach well enough to use the talent he has wisely so to put the best players on the field to give us a fighting chance of winning.

This game was a tale of two coaches:

Coach 1 wants and needs a balanced attack to get a win and places a QB in there with an ACL brace and limited movement to allow his passing game to thrive. He allows this replacement QB to get a weeks worth of practices with the starters.   He weathers a first quarter of troublesome results and allows said QB, who hasn't started till this game to get acclimated to game speed and his receiving corp.  Results are now history, ginger QB was very good with some errors that he was able to overcome because he was set up to succeed by his coach.

Coach 2 could give a **** about a balanced attack and allows his QB with NO ability to throw effectively to get all the 1st team reps during practices the week of the game.  Instead of seeing how poorly his offense is operating without effective passing and making a change early, he throws a cold QB in the game in the 4th quarter when basically the game is nearly out of hand and then pulls him after that first series.  He can effectively blame this QB due to his ineffectiveness when said player was never afforded the opportunity to succeed.

Which coach do you want, as USF fans, to coach this team??????

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

There are a lot more things that could come out but must protect the innocent. I disdain lack of integrity especially in a coach. He should be a man the players look up to. He is certainly not setting a good example with comments like that.