• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thank You USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Flowers looked like a QB for the first time in his career last night (too bad the receivers hung him out to dry all game). However, the offensive play calling has been a substantial work in progress ALL season. I've seen improvement the last three games, but there are still poorly timed plays being run consistently enough for Z Bull to be spot on with his analysis. Heck, when Willie T. didn't utilize a timeout before the delay of game call on the FG attempt in the UConn game, I for sure thought "WTF game is he watching". Things worked out for us, but I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering if we were going to recover from such a blatant error in judgment. 

We've won three straight games against marginal teams (I'm very happy - don't get me wrong) - hopefully we can continue this progress as the better teams in our conference are staring us in the face (sans UCF). Beat a good Navy team and my opinion of the current regime will improve tremendously. Navy is not better talent wise on paper - however their kids and coaches are at another level when you look at the cerebral part of the game. If Willie were to out coach the Navy coach, I would be totally impressed. Four weeks ago, I was throwing up the white flag and even said as much in a private message to one of the coaches on the staff. I want Coach T to succeed - but the remaining games will really tell the full story.  

You  are correct, this Navy game will be a very good measuring stick. Win it and I believe we have officially turned the corner. 

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

To all my critics, I'd love to be able to review all your commits that you have made over the last 2 years. My opinion hasn't changed, can you say the same?

This isn't abortion or gay marriage. Drawing a line in the sand on the issue of coaching and/or play making ability is senseless.

So no, I cannot say my opinion hasn't changed. This team has strung together 3 solid games (against struggling teams), and hopefully they can continue to put up W's.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Flowers looked like a QB for the first time in his career last night (too bad the receivers hung him out to dry all game). However, the offensive play calling has been a substantial work in progress ALL season. I've seen improvement the last three games, but there are still poorly timed plays being run consistently enough for Z Bull to be spot on with his analysis. Heck, when Willie T. didn't utilize a timeout before the delay of game call on the FG attempt in the UConn game, I for sure thought "WTF game is he watching". Things worked out for us, but I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering if we were going to recover from such a blatant error in judgment. 

We've won three straight games against marginal teams (I'm very happy - don't get me wrong) - hopefully we can continue this progress as the better teams in our conference are staring us in the face (sans UCF). Beat a good Navy team and my opinion of the current regime will improve tremendously. Navy is not better talent wise on paper - however their kids and coaches are at another level when you look at the cerebral part of the game. If Willie were to out coach the Navy coach, I would be totally impressed. Four weeks ago, I was throwing up the white flag and even said as much in a private message to one of the coaches on the staff. I want Coach T to succeed - but the remaining games will really tell the full story.  

There is no amount of evidence to call the coaching and playcalling in these last 3 games horrendous ... head scratching at times, absolutely, but most games have their head scratching coaching moments.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  151
  • Days Won:  0

If I took the time I'm sure I could come up with numerous examples of horrendous play calling and coaching, but one really stands out. Why with being up 17 to 24 points with less than 6-7 minutes in the game with a marginal team like SMU do you leave your starting QB and running back in to possibly get hurt, which they both did, instead of putting the 2nd string in? Fortunately the injury to QF supposedly isn't bad but haven't heard a report on Johnson yet. Though I am sure QF Is feeling the after affects of that hit on the last TD by today with the way he landed on his back. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

If I took the time I'm sure I could come up with numerous examples of horrendous play calling and coaching, but one really stands out. Why with being up 17 to 24 points with less than 6-7 minutes in the game with a marginal team like SMU do you leave your starting QB and running back in to possibly get hurt, which they both did, instead of putting the 2nd string in? Fortunately the injury to QF supposedly isn't bad but haven't heard a report on Johnson yet. Though I am sure QF Is feeling the after affects of that hit on the last TD by today with the way he landed on his back. 

That was definitely a head scratcher .... but we just won 3 games averaging 37 points a game. To slam the overall coaching and playcalliing during that span is ******* ridiculous. You don't like CWT, we get it.

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

Easy. Valuable game experience that he can't get in practice. I thought he should have left flowers in during the FAU game for another quarter to get more playing time, and I honesty agree with keeping him in this last game. The play call was a pass play where flowers scrambled out and made a play on his own, so it's not like Taggart wanted him running every play. As for Johnson, he is technically our 3rd string running back so of course he will stay out there, I mean yes he started the game but on the depth chart he is last, so I have no clue why you would have an issue with him staying in the game.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  63
  • Days Won:  1

Easy. Valuable game experience that he can't get in practice. I thought he should have left flowers in during the FAU game for another quarter to get more playing time, and I honesty agree with keeping him in this last game. The play call was a pass play where flowers scrambled out and made a play on his own, so it's not like Taggart wanted him running every play. As for Johnson, he is technically our 3rd string running back so of course he will stay out there, I mean yes he started the game but on the depth chart he is last, so I have no clue why you would have an issue with him staying in the game.

+1 and to add to this.. They asked for play calling mistakes not personnel management.. The only woefully bad call in the game was the trick play when your up by 17 pts and your right outside of FG range.. outside of that there were very few if any bad play calls in the last game. Much of the issues was lack of execution by TE/WRs and production from Tice and Johnson..

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

The football season is now 75% complete and I continue to say "thank you".  It's been a really fun year to this point and I'm looking forward to the remaining three games.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

To be above .500 after 9 games is quite an accomplishment after the crap we've seen the last 4 years.

Go Bulls!!!