• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thank You USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  151
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks USF for hiring Willie Taggart, we hit a home run with him as coach

You obviously started drinking way to early today which has caused you to forget everything that has happened since CWT took over. I'll give him credit for being a good recruiter. And it's that talent that has made CWT look good these last 3 games. Because the coaching and offensive play calling have been horrendous during most all the games. He has lucked out so far this year because Flowers is no QB. He should be playing running back cause he's so inconsistent with his passing. With a good QB the leading rusher should not be the QB. He had to step up since Mack didn't play and the other backs didn't produce. Which proves my point that he should be a running back. IMO keep Taggert for recruiting but we need a new and better head coach.  

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

You obviously started drinking way to early today which has caused you to forget everything that has happened since CWT took over. I'll give him credit for being a good recruiter. And it's that talent that has made CWT look good these last 3 games. Because the coaching and offensive play calling have been horrendous during most all the games. He has lucked out so far this year because Flowers is no QB. He should be playing running back cause he's so inconsistent with his passing. With a good QB the leading rusher should not be the QB. He had to step up since Mack didn't play and the other backs didn't produce. Which proves my point that he should be a running back. IMO keep Taggert for recruiting but we need a new and better head coach.  

So you are saying Matt Grothe wasn't a good QB? Pretty sure he lead the team in rushing 3 straight years.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Or perhaps you were projecting and you were actually the one who started drinking way to early. CWT was a solid hire. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

:facepalm:

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180

You're kidding right? Did you even watch the game? Flowers threw so many passes right on the money and his receivers couldn't hang on to them. He is growing tremendously as a quarterback, and while he still has a lot of work to do nobody can argue about him being a bad QB now. The only bad throw that I saw from him all game was in the 4th when he overthrew Sean price for an easy touchdown.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  151
  • Days Won:  0

To all my critics, I'd love to be able to review all your commits that you have made over the last 2 years. My opinion hasn't changed, can you say the same?

• Downvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

To all my critics, I'd love to be able to review all your commits that you have made over the last 2 years. My opinion hasn't changed, can you say the same?

I'm guessing more than a few have changed their opinions after being presented evidence to do so. Your opinion that the coaching and offensive play calling have been horrendous during most all the games is borderline clueless ..... unless by "most all the games", you mean CWT's entire time here, which in that case you're just being intellectually dishonest.

Edited by Triple B
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180

My opinion changes based on what happens on the field. I always thought that Taggart had the talent to win and he just needed to start flowers and let him pass. Taggart is winning football games and opening up the playbook, and will probably lead us to a bowl game this year, and Flowers has improved drastically as a passer and only had one missed throw to Sean price in that game. I don't know what you expect but it seems even if we win out your opinion won't change.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Flowers looked like a QB for the first time in his career last night (too bad the receivers hung him out to dry all game). However, the offensive play calling has been a substantial work in progress ALL season. I've seen improvement the last three games, but there are still poorly timed plays being run consistently enough for Z Bull to be spot on with his analysis. Heck, when Willie T. didn't utilize a timeout before the delay of game call on the FG attempt in the UConn game, I for sure thought "WTF game is he watching". Things worked out for us, but I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering if we were going to recover from such a blatant error in judgment. 

We've won three straight games against marginal teams (I'm very happy - don't get me wrong) - hopefully we can continue this progress as the better teams in our conference are staring us in the face (sans UCF). Beat a good Navy team and my opinion of the current regime will improve tremendously. Navy is not better talent wise on paper - however their kids and coaches are at another level when you look at the cerebral part of the game. If Willie were to out coach the Navy coach, I would be totally impressed. Four weeks ago, I was throwing up the white flag and even said as much in a private message to one of the coaches on the staff. I want Coach T to succeed - but the remaining games will really tell the full story.