• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tyler Cameron Transferring to FAU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I posted it somewhere else a month or so ago (he's a fellow Jupiter resident).

I get the impression we didn't pursue him, or maybe he just wants to be closer to home (just a 30-40 minute drive to campus).

We was injured early in his career, and never seemed to pan out.

Let's start the urban legend that QBs who jilt USF are doomed to mediocrity. :FIREdevil:

There's a legend about those who come to USF that looks pretty similar.

I suppose, long ago.  But I can't think of a recent, highly touted QB that has come & struggled.

Define highly touted. It's not like we've ever pulled a 5-star guy (or a true 4-star, really) so there are very few data points if that's your cutoff. If you mean highly touted for us, I can think of plenty.

Go on...and yes, I realize no 4 or 5s came here. But in terms of high expectations not met, I'd like to see that list.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

I get the impression we didn't pursue him, or maybe he just wants to be closer to home (just a 30-40 minute drive to campus).

Let's start the urban legend that QBs who jilt USF are doomed to mediocrity. :FIREdevil:

I suppose, long ago.  But I can't think of a recent, highly touted QB that has come & struggled.

Define highly touted. It's not like we've ever pulled a 5-star guy (or a true 4-star, really) so there are very few data points if that's your cutoff. If you mean highly touted for us, I can think of plenty.

Go on...and yes, I realize no 4 or 5s came here. But in terms of high expectations not met, I'd like to see that list.

My snappy answer would be every QB since Daniels, take your pick of which you would consider highly touted.

But specifically, both (only) high profile QB transfers we've gotten have not panned out: Denson and Bench (so far, and I don't think he's just now on the brink of greatness). People were excited about both.

The only real high profile HS QB we've pulled - ever - is Carlton Hill, and that was obviously a disaster.

Flowers may be on his way as well, unfortunately, although I hope not.

Edited by WWMJD

My snappy answer would be every QB since Daniels, take your pick of which you would consider highly touted.

But specifically, both (only) high profile QB transfers we've gotten have not panned out: Denson and Bench (so far, and I don't think he's just now on the brink of greatness). People were excited about both.

The only real high profile HS QB we've pulled - ever - is Carlton Hill, and that was obviously a disaster.

Flowers may be on his way as well, unfortunately, although I hope not.

I don't think any of the QBs after Daniels were really highly touted. White was a 2 star.  Even Bench was a 3 star, with a less than impressive offer list after Penn State.

I think Flowers was highly touted as an athlete, which is likely how he got 4 stars.  As you likely know, we're one of the few who offered to let him play QB.

My main point was that the higher touted QBs who commit then decommit have not fared well.  I'm hoping AW breaks that trend.

• 2 months later...

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Well, there you go

And Litton on the other side, with Marshall.  

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Oh, how quick we forget...Evan Kraky. LOL