• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

3rd & long, and red zone

No doubt there is some growing anxiety about our situation at QB and the offense in general.

No... it's confirmation bias.

People expect Flowers to suck, so the few people on here who have actually been to a practice, they see more of the bad plays than they see of the good plays... bad plays reinforce their opinion.

These same people also think that Woulard will be our savior... so they see more of the good plays, and less of the bad ones.

Then for the vast majority of people who have not seen a practice, they get their perspective reinforced further... they laugh at people who say something that goes against their belief... and they give more credibility to people who say what they are expecting.

People who have not been to a practice should really take everything (pro or con) with a grain of salt... and be sure they aren't just agreeing with people who think like them.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

No doubt there is some growing anxiety about our situation at QB and the offense in general.

People expect Flowers to suck, so the few people on here who have actually been to a practice, they see more of the bad plays than they see of the good plays... bad plays reinforce their opinion.

These same people also think that Woulard will be our savior... so they see more of the good plays, and less of the bad ones.

Then for the vast majority of people who have not seen a practice, they get their perspective reinforced further... they laugh at people who say something that goes against their belief... and they give more credibility to people who say what they are expecting.

People who have not been to a practice should really take everything (pro or con) with a grain of salt... and be sure they aren't just agreeing with people who think like them.

What about people that go by what they ACTUALLY saw last year vs what they ACTUALLY saw this year? Stats iz stats my brotha.

I have not been to practice this season so I don't know for sure. I do know that some posters on here have been so high on QF as to almost proclaim him the next Heisman winner. Then there are some who compare QF to the worst possible option we have. Lately all the guys high on QF are backpedaling IMO

Edited by Sellular1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

According to a recent article, Taggart has not installed the "full" red zone offense so he expected problems scoring during this scrimmage in the red zone.  Sounds almost like excuses.

I said after the spring game last year this coaching staff really needs to make red zone offense a priority.  Still waiting on that I guess.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

According to a recent article, Taggart has not installed the "full" red zone offense so he expected problems scoring during this scrimmage in the red zone.  Sounds almost like excuses.

I said after the spring game last year this coaching staff really needs to make red zone offense a priority.  Still waiting on that I guess.

Wouldn't installing the "full" red zone offense make more sense AFTER the practices are closed to the public?

Exactly ... Nobody on here has been to every open practice and watched every throw. So the only ones who will have a really informed opinion will be the coaches.

Either one starting is fine with me. If it's close start the senior with more experience. If they're going to rely on the qb as more of a rb than passer, go with Q.

One quirky little personal comparison I had was in BJ's true FR year, he got in for a few plays. Somewhere ratlling around the echo chamber of my brain, I remembered hearing that one of the toughest throws to master was a deep down and out to the sideline. BJ executed one of those beautifully and I simplistically thought then that, just based on that one throw, we'd be fine when MG was gone. Q executed one of those in one of the practices I went to and it immediately brought back that memory .... obviously different circumstances but I can't control what my memory conjures up .... and now you know the rrrrest of the story.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

According to a recent article, Taggart has not installed the "full" red zone offense so he expected problems scoring during this scrimmage in the red zone. Sounds almost like excuses.

I said after the spring game last year this coaching staff really needs to make red zone offense a priority. Still waiting on that I guess.

Wouldn't installing the "full" red zone offense make more sense AFTER the practices are closed to the public?

The more reps the better IMO.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Exactly ... Nobody on here has been to every open practice and watched every throw. So the only ones who will have a really informed opinion will be the coaches.

Either one starting is fine with me. If it's close start the senior with more experience. If they're going to rely on the qb as more of a rb than passer, go with Q.

One quirky little personal comparison I had was in BJ's true FR year, he got in for a few plays. Somewhere ratlling around the echo chamber of my brain, I remembered hearing that one of the toughest throws to master was a deep down and out to the sideline. BJ executed one of those beautifully and I simplistically thought then that, just based on that one throw, we'd be fine when MG was gone. Q executed one of those in one of the practices I went to and it immediately brought back that memory .... obviously different circumstances but I can't control what my memory conjures up .... and now you know the rrrrest of the story.

If I also hadn't seen QF 3 hop a screen pass on more than one occasion, I'd think the same way.

If I also hadn't seen QF 3 hop a screen pass on more than one occasion, I'd think the same way.

I think a 3 hop screen pass is a physical impossibility so I'm calling ******** ...

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Days Won:  1

Would we be wise to run a 2 qb system where we have both bench and flowers on the field so we could confuse the defense on what we're doing

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I think a 3 hop screen pass is a physical impossibility so I'm calling ******** ...

Ok. It was a 2 hop screen pass...