• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Things that give me hope for 2015 - players not on the depth chart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Just going through Spring Game videos and wanted to share 2 players that might be unheralded heroes if our coaching staff can get them on the field.  1 on Defense and 1 on Offense. 

First up is Daniel Awoleke #93, Senior, DE, 6-5 270lbs

Stats from Spring Game and Video

If you look at the video he's lined up in the "bull" position in our new defense but really he's a true DE with really good pass rush abilities.  Josh Black and Zack Bullock are on the depth chart currently for this position but Awoleke showed in the Spring Game he deserves some PT.  After the ball is hiked he slides to his left and shoots the gap right to Flowers to disrupt the play.  I hope to see more of this during the season from Tom Allen.  Awoleke also sacked Flowers later in the game to help stop a scoring drive.

spring%20defensive%20game%20stats.jpg

The next secret weapon is Evan Wilson #18, 6-2, 195lbs,  the former QB turned crazy athletic WR?  Wait a sec

Mike White makes 2 terrible pass attempts to setup 3rd and 10.  The third attempt to Evan Wilson sails high... or does it?  Andrew Hill RFr DB is in excellent position to make the tackle short of the first down but Wilson makes an incredible effort at dives for the first down marker.  Let's go get em this year!

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

If we are counting on Awoleke and Evan Wilson for production then we are in even worse shape than we were last year. Good kids but I hope they don't see the field.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

Agree with Awoleke seeing some time this year, he has good size and looks athletic. I also remember some guys mentioning him during the spring game. I don't think Evan Wilson will be much of a factor at war though.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

I like the look of Awoleke, has the look of pass rushing DE ... also a cool name to pronounce ... but can't go too much by those stats from the Spring game. The vid up there is a qp, not a sack.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

The Awoleke play is a blown pass protection by the offensive line on a stunt.

If we are counting on Awoleke and Evan Wilson for production then we are in even worse shape than we were last year. Good kids but I hope they don't see the field.

I don't think anybody knows where our production is going to come from at this point in time, new offense new defense etc.  All we know is Mack is good and everyone else better get their **** together.  I'm tired of losing and I really don't see 6 wins yet in my feeble mind.  Hopefully make it out to the practice fields Sunday it looks like and see how they look.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

I don't think anybody knows where our production is going to come from at this point in time, new offense new defense etc.  All we know is Mack is good and everyone else better get their **** together.  I'm tired of losing and I really don't see 6 wins yet in my feeble mind.  Hopefully make it out to the practice fields Sunday it looks like and see how they look.

I'm with you man. No point having chumps on the roster that we don't need and that don't play.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  17

I hate losing and I always want the Bulls to win. It would be nice to see that we are competitive. There were time last years were we did not show and competitiveness or progression. Like the Maryland game. We have got to see some improvement to turn this program around.

• Upvote 1

What is this middle you speak of?

Joey Knight â€@TBTimes_Bulls 8h8 hours ago

Flowers finds Evan Wilson over middle for 20-yd TD in 11-on-11 work #USF

Jeff Odom â€@ByJeffOdom 8h8 hours ago

Quinton Flowers, with the 1's, hits Evan Wilson in stride, but Wilson fumbles. ... Devin Abraham takes the ball away from Mut on the next.

Caught a couple of balls at least, keep it up Wilson. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  88

I thought Wilson looked good in the spring practices.   With very limited reps, the kid seems to excel whether it's at QB or WR.    As bad as the WR's were last year, I say give him some quality reps to see what he can really do.

Although, if QF is the QB I don't think it really matters who plays WR.