• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Article: How will USF’s Marlon Mack Follow Up His Stellar Freshman Season?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Agree that the stats against quality competition was average at best...but over 1k as a frosh is good no matter how ya slice it ;-) We will see this year!

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB1D9wWxd2w

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

The thing about Marlon is he's a home run threat. Even when he's not having a great game stat wise, the threat is there that if a hole opens up, he could be gone in a flash.

I think the added weight/strength (IIRC he put on some muscle weight this offseason) will make him a more durable every down back and add that to the new look spread and I think Marlon could be poised for an even bigger year this year if they don't make an attempt to spread out the carries some more (i.e. Johnson, Swanson getting more touches).

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

I think Mack will excel in the new system and it will take some of the load off him as well.

Mack had over 5 yards a carry and average nearly 90 yards a game on the ground last year in a horrific offense.

Spreading things out and allowing Flowers to run and possibly option the ball to make in space could surprise a lot of teams this year.

Hopefully our wideouts and TEs can block with out holding this year. If we can cut down on our flag count, we should look much better this year.