• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Which freshman or redshirted player that didn’t play last year are you looking forward to watching or feel will have an impact on the team this year?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I want to see some mauling upfront!! Bethel and Gibbons..

With the new system I am looking forward to watching the Quinton Flowers/Mack attack show..

79d4ee3594dc95c47eca7a6f5b3f23f3999e038e

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  636
  • Days Won:  0

Defense: Marlon Gonzalez,  Khalid McGee, Danny Thomas, Vincent Jackson, Jimmy Bayes

Offese: Brett Kean, Chris Barr, Ben Knox, and Kano Dillon

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,555
  • Days Won:  28

Khalid MCgee had some pretty nice highlights. Lets see if Marlon Gonzalez can see the field this year

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Bayes, Dillon, & Whitehead. Those guys look like the best performers to start, but Bronson & Clerveaux could break out too IMO.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Defense: Marlon Gonzalez,  Khalid McGee, Danny Thomas, Vincent Jackson, Jimmy Bayes

Offese: Brett Kean, Chris Barr, Ben Knox, and Kano Dillon

Gonzalez looked liked a GROWN man in HS, but apparently badly injured his knee (which may have helped us snag and/or keep him).

Any word on his recovery?

Edited by JupiterBull

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

We have redshirted a lot of players. It may not seem like it because we have also played more freshman than any program should have to have played.  Some of those burnt redshirts will serve us well this year, they know what to expect going in.  But we've redshirted Bronson, Bayes, Knox, McCants, Jackson, Nichols,  Wilkins, Dillon, Brown and quit a few others from last seasons class.  But I'm not bothered by having had burn a redshirt or not because we had no talent in front of those guys.  I would have loved to see a ton of redshirts, but we didn't.  We saw more last year than the previous year, and I'd suspect we will see more next year.  I don't get why people are so bothered about having had burned someone's redshirt when the veterans in front of them sucked. 

The Freshmen I want to see:

1) McCants, he looks to be fully recovered from his acl surgery and has done all the summer workouts and drills.  At the start of spring ball Taggart was raving about him and I've always thought that kid was one of those impact guys, just plays at a different speed than everyone else.

2) Gibbons, If Gibbons is as advertised and can lock up one of those tackle spots, we can have a really good offense.  (I think he and Bethel could bookend a good line)

3) DL Keven Bronson, I think he can be really good.  

4) I group these two but remember these names, one will not redshirt ( Deangelo Atoine/Chris Barr) Speed ... speed... more speed... so much speed!

Great to hear about McCants- I must have missed that.  High hopes for him indeed.