• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another H.O.T. Fail

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

I blame George Hopkins LOL kidding. Those in the marching band world should get the joke.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  0

I blame George Hopkins LOL kidding. Those in the marching band world should get the joke.

Maybe Hopkins and YEA should take over HOT.

Probably destroy any "image" they have, but would make them good.

However, the issue people are missing.....Yeah, DCI/BOA mics their front ensemble and occasionally horns, the speakers are also placed no the sideline with cables NO LONGER than 50ft (so no latency).

If HOT were to mic, they wouldn't have speakers in the stands or on the field, they'd try to get into the RJS sound system, which is going to cause a delay in sound.

Placing a couple powered speakers (i.e. mackie/qsc) in the stands is NOT going to create any sound difference, plus with their current setup, they would have some serious feedback issues with speakers being in front and behind some of the microphones.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Maybe Hopkins and YEA should take over HOT.

Probably destroy any "image" they have, but would make them good.

However, the issue people are missing.....Yeah, DCI/BOA mics their front ensemble and occasionally horns, the speakers are also placed no the sideline with cables NO LONGER than 50ft (so no latency).

If HOT were to mic, they wouldn't have speakers in the stands or on the field, they'd try to get into the RJS sound system, which is going to cause a delay in sound.

Placing a couple powered speakers (i.e. mackie/qsc) in the stands is NOT going to create any sound difference, plus with their current setup, they would have some serious feedback issues with speakers being in front and behind some of the microphones.

Well said

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

HoT isn't and hasn't been impressive for quite some time. They are boring in the stands and when halftime rolls around they ay a bunch of crap nobody has herd of.

What happened to entertaining the crowd? They play music and march shows like they're going to a competition next week....its not high school any more.

The hell they do.... it would be a good thing if they were acting like contest was next week. They're out of tune... out of step... don't have straight lines... dance too much to try to distract from the fact that they're just not that good and generally act and sound like a junior high band.

+1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,633

HOT is fine...what sucks is that they have them in a position where only 1/2 of the stadium can hear them. They add nothing to the game for 85% of the people who sit south of them. Classic USF>>>> what other university sets their band up so poorly? That is the biggest HOT fail of all. And HOT has no say in the matter.

Agreed...can't hear squat from the opposite corner in 120

Solution: Buy better seats!

Reality: I have great seats. I just can't hear the mediocre band play the same 3 songs. The good news is that I'm there for the game, not the band.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5

FSU asked USF if it could bring it's full band, as it had allowed USF to bring its band in 2009. The USF Athletic department refused, because FSU will not renewe the series. Point blank, that was class-less. So FSU was forced to bring its pep band (150 members vice the 500 member band). Give HOT credit for playing the fight song, but the fact is that USF Athletic department fouled this all up, to include the fact that only 58,000 fans actually came to the game (nearly 11,000 no shows...) What gives on that... Given how hard USF tried to deny FSU fans tickets, and in light of the fact that about 60 percent of the crowd was FSU fans...why not allow both bands to take the field (aka FSU v. Florida, where both bands perform prior to the game as one band on the field...it is what makes that game so great!)

Edited by Patrick
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

FSU asked USF if it could bring it's full band, as it had allowed USF to bring its band in 2009. The USF Athletic department refused, because FSU will not renewe the series. Point blank, that was class-less. So FSU was forced to bring its pep band (150 members vice the 500 member band). Give HOT credit for playing the fight song, but the fact is that USF Athletic department fouled this all up, to include the fact that only 58,000 fans actually came to the game (nearly 11,000 no shows...) What gives on that... Given how hard USF tried to deny FSU fans tickets, and in light of the fact that about 60 percent of the crowd was FSU fans...why not allow both bands to take the field (aka FSU v. Florida, where both bands perform prior to the game as one band on the field...it is what makes that game so great!)

Not saying I doubt this, but link?

• Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

I'm saying I doubt it ... Patrick sounds like a whiny, holier than thou, Seminole fan. The only reason FSU allowed HOT there in 2009 was because they didn't think we'd sell as many tickets as we did and they wanted as many people there as possible.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I'm saying I doubt it ... Patrick sounds like a whiny, holier than thou, Seminole fan. The only reason FSU allowed HOT there in 2009 was because they didn't think we'd sell as many tickets as we did and they wanted as many people there as possible.

Patrick... if you're going to talk out of your ass and lie atleast make plausable.

FSU didn't bring it's full band because they didn't want the added expense. Chiefs is bringing their full band to Miami as they see them as a bigger rivalry. FSU also made the decision where to put their band. They could have given them the seats in 133 but opted to give those to their larger donors.

As for halftime, that was never a question... it was Hall of Fame induction week here and the second half of the halftime was reserved for that ceremony. Chiefs would have never done a halftime show Saturday night.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5

Southshore....

You just proved my point. IT was YOUR athletic department that refused to allow the FSU band to come. That was classless, and par for the course to an athletic program that is more conference USA than anything else.

But this is just one small reason of many why UCF is going to pass you guys by....for one, they have their own staduim, and have a lot more history. And now that they are in the Big East with you guys, watch how the Big 3 play anybody but USF. Treat folks badly, and word gets round....