• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

JoJo Kemp RB Deland

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,282
  • Days Won:  10

Welcome to the bulls faimly

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Now Jojo is on the recruiting staff as well. Man this is getting fun. So much for all that doom and gloom, huh? Boy, I bet Brendan is getting some hate tweets tonite.

DeLand running back JoJo Kemp commits to USF

By Brendan Sonnone | For the Sentinel

9:49 p.m. EST, June 23, 2012

DeLand running back JoJo Kemp was close to committing to USF in the past.

He almost pledged to join the Bulls while visiting the campus during the spring, but felt he should hold off and see what else was out there for him.

“It was very close, but I felt like it was too early,†Kemp said. “I wanted to find out more.â€

On Saturday, Kemp decided that he shouldn’t prolong his recruitment any longer and committed to USF during the Super Bull, the school’s one-day prospect training camp.

“I feel relieved, great, but words can’t really explain how I feel,†Kemp said. “It was a great opportunity and there was no sense in waiting.â€

Kemp (5-11, 190), who is ranked No. 16 on the Sentinel’s 2013 Central Florida Super60 list, holds scholarship offers from Nebraska, Kentucky, Arizona State, West Virginia and a long list of other BCS automatic qualifying schools.

As a junior, Kemp ran for 1,272 yards and 14 touchdowns in 12 games.

Thanks to his strong running style and ability to catch the ball out of the backfield, Kemp’s stock took off this offseason and he became a high priority for the Bulls.

USF head coach Skip Holtz and his assistant coaches showed just how important Kemp was to their recruiting efforts when he informed them of his decision.

“They were very happy, jumping around,†Kemp said. “They did more than I expected them to do, I know that for sure. It was great. I like the coaching staff a lot. Not only do they care about me as a footballplayer, but they care about me as a person.â€

Following the commitment, Holtz and Kemp discussed his future intentions of taking all five of his official visits.

“They understand and they’re all for it,†Kemp said. “I told them that nothing is going to change my mind and I just want to enjoy it, take my visits.â€

Kemp also felt comfortable with current members of the team, especially safety Mark Joyce, a former DeLand teammate of Kemp and a rising junior at USF.

“He was happy,†Kemp said of Joyce.

Kemp joins Winter Park quarterback Asiantii Woulard as 2013 Central Florida prospects committed to USF.

“[Woulard] was actually one of the first people that knew before the coaching staff,†Kemp said. “We texted last weekend and on the way here and I told him where I was standing. We’re supposed to be rooming together, so that’ll be great.â€

pixel.gif

Kemp and Woulard plan on recruiting prospects to join them at USF. Kemp said his first target will be DeLand athlete Marquion Lane, who has offers from Florida State, Arkansas, Louisville and, of course, USF.

http://articles.orla...oach-mark-joyce

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

DeLand's Kemp commits to USF

By BUDDY SHACKLETTE, Staff writer email.gif June 23, 2012 10:18 PM Posted in:

Tagged:

jkemp624-thumb-180xauto-32683.jpg

Jojo Kemp

DeLand's Jojo Kemp said he would avoid committing early to a college football program, but the lure of being a South Florida Bull and playing again with former Bulldogs teammate Mark Joyce was too great.

While making one of many visits to the Tampa campus, Kemp unofficially ended his recruitment Saturday when he verbally committed to USF.

"They like me as a person outside of football," Kemp said. "They had everything I wanted. I thought South Florida was the place for me.

"I'm solid on my decision. I'm not going to go back and forth on it."

Kemp's commitment is non-binding until he signs a national letter of intent on National Signing Day in February 2013.

The 5-foot-11, 190-pound running back has become a hot commodity the last two months following impressive workouts in the spring.

He had more than 20 major offers, including Arizona State, Bethune-Cookman, Florida International, Indiana, Iowa State, Kentucky, Marshall, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Pittsburgh, Purdue, Rutgers, South Florida, Southern Methodist, Temple, West Virginia and Western Kentucky.

"It's lifted a lot off my shoulders," Kemp said. "I didn't let (the recruitment) boost my head up. I stayed humble, and I wasn't going to let it distract me."

Kemp rushed for 1,272 yards and 14 touchdowns last fall. In the Bulldogs' spring game last month, Kemp rushed for 82 yards on 17 carries and scored two touchdowns against Orlando Timber Creek.

Kemp said USF head coach Skip Holtz told him the opportunity to play immediately would be there when he arrives on campus next year. Also waiting for him will be his ex-teammate Joyce.

"(His committing), that made my day. I'm definitely excited," said Joyce, a safety heading into his junior year at USF. "We were supposed to go out (Saturday) night but he had to get back home.

"Every time I saw one of the (USF) coaches they always asked me if I could get him to commit. I told him I wanted him here, but I let him make his own decision."

USF and Marshall were two of the first schools to come after Kemp. Many other schools jumped on board during the last year, but Kemp said he liked the opportunity at USF.

"They were probably one of the two or three schools that have been on him from Day 1," DeLand coach Al Manning said. "It's confirmed, and I talked to him and I also talked to (USF assistant) coach (Peter) Vaas. We had talked about it before -- (Kemp) really didn't want any distractions during his senior year."

http://www.news-journalonline.com/breakingnews/2012/06/delands-kemp-commits-to-usf.html

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  1

JoJo was a mean linebacker as well. I played against him for 3 years and the kid is a monster. Lane, brother of Marlin Lane running back at Tennessee would be a huge pick up. That kid is unreal

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

JoJo was a mean linebacker as well. I played against him for 3 years and the kid is a monster. Lane, brother of Marlin Lane running back at Tennessee would be a huge pick up. That kid is unreal

Yeah I could see that on the tape, for sure. His acceleration is great and he's built nice and stocky, gets behind his pads. I bet he hits pretty **** hard. And when you get him a free lane on the blitz, woof.

Probably better off as a tailback but either way, that's a good pickup for the Bulls. Certainly not a 4 star type because of size and what they're LISTING as his speed (still not sure I believe it)...but a good recruit nonetheless.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

This guy will be dangerous out of the backfield and especially nice he can catch as well

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Another great pic!

206030_390346747690798_521561238_n.jpg

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Another great pic!

206030_390346747690798_521561238_n.jpg

Mama, just wanted to acknowledge the great reports before during and after the big weekend. A big plus one for your reputation points.Man you gotta love that SEG on CSH's face, knowing he's got that one in the bag. Edited by Bullwinkle