• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

D'Vario Montgomery, WR, Winter Park HS, Winter Park, FL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I think we have a real shot with Devo. He really seems to like the coaching staff which has  made a big difference with some of our other early commits.

Bulls Make Strong Impression on Elite WR Premium Story

By Larry Weisbaum

USFNation.com

Date: Jun 28, 2011

Dvario Montgomery, Winter Park's 4-star wide receiver was one of the top prospects at this past weekend’s USF SuperBull Camp. The coveted 6-foot-2, 210 pound 4-star receiver has over 40 offers and lists USF as one of his top schools. Afterwards the elite WR talks about the camp, why he has USF among his top choices and more

http://buzztap.com/-XWAJnf

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

This would be a huge get and possibly help our recruiting if we are pulling in these type of prospects

Nice Blurb On D'Vo in the ESPN article.

Montgomery takes in two

Three-star wide receiver D'Vario Montgomery (Winter Park, Fla./Winter Park) spent last Friday touring the UCF campus and watching the school's padded team camp and then participated in SuperBull with several teammates Saturday.

"I'm really focusing in on both schools right now," Montgomery said. "I like UCF and USF and they are probably about even."

Montgomery has been visible at both campuses in June. He took part in the UCF 7-on-7 shootout during the first weekend in June and went to the USF Sling & Shoot event the following weekend.

He admits the schools have a lot in common and the choice could be a tough one.

"UCF has a great academic program but so does USF," Montgomery said. "That's what I'm looking for. I feel comfortable at both programs; the coaching staffs at both places are great."

Montgomery will be back at USF in July for the second Sling & Shoot tournament. He is also keeping Florida, Alabama and LSU under consideration.

"Right now I kind of know where I want to go a little bit, but at the same time I'm not sure," Montgomery said. "I still have to do more research."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=6722943

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

well if he wants bigger spotlight and more national attention as a player he should come to USF.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  62
  • Days Won:  0

This is also for bragging rights for both USF and ucf

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

well if he wants bigger spotlight and more national attention as a player he should come to USF.

Hey you never know....maybe he just wants to play in the Liberty Bowl every year.  ;D

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,513
  • Days Won:  422

I sincerely hope that's only half true ...

Have you seen UCF's commit list yet this year? They have 1 committment who had other offers from Bethune-Cookman and Tennessee State. And after tonites legal slap down, I really don't think their recruiting fortunes will improve. Especially with young African-American athletes who are sensitive to the Sickle Cell Trait issue.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,513
  • Days Won:  422

Have you seen UCF's commit list yet this year? They have 1 committment who had other offers from Bethune-Cookman and Tennessee State. And after tonites legal slap down, I really don't think their recruiting fortunes will improve. Especially with young African-American athletes who are sensitive to the Sickle Cell Trait issue.

Bill, not sure what you're getting at with that but my only point was do we really need to be bragging that we beat UCF out for a recruit??

Bill, not sure what you're getting at with that but my only point was do we really need to be bragging that we beat UCF out for a recruit??

I agree, as much as I am sure we are not in same boat as that esteemed Univ. and it's football program the recruit stated that it was down to them and us. I really think that all of their recruits would be having second thoughts because of the turmoil there at this moment and the overall condition of the athletic program and the University itself. You are right that we shouldn't be bragging about beating them out though, no real future in that. Would love to see Mr. Montgomery on board soon, though.