• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

D'Vario Montgomery, WR, Winter Park HS, Winter Park, FL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

In terms of on field production and direction of the program, it wasn't a joke.  USF will be a better football team than Tennessee for the duration of these guys college careers.

There's having an opinion and then there's putting your foot in your mouth. How do you have any clue as to how good either USF or Tennessee will be next year much less the 4 - 5 years after that that you just guaranteed? Both schools are in the second year of a new head coach... How do you objectively make that statement?

Obviously it's an opinion.  You can have your own, but I'm keeping mine.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442

Ok... let me rephrase... What logic did you use to come to that conclusion? Better stated, how are you able to identify how a teenager who hasn't stepped foot on a campus will preform 4+ years from now?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

Freaking Tennessee?  C'mon guys, USF Football is light years ahead of Tennessee at this point.

Don't be delusional, UCF guy...

I've got to believe that was a joke ...

In terms of on field production and direction of the program, it wasn't a joke.  USF will be a better football team than Tennessee for the duration of these guys college careers.

But you must admit that "light years ahead" may have been a wee bit of an overstatement ....  8-)

Freaking Tennessee?  C'mon guys, USF Football is light years ahead of Tennessee at this point.

Don't be delusional, UCF guy...

I've got to believe that was a joke ...

But you must admit that "light years ahead" may have been a wee bit of an overstatement ....  8-)

Yes, I may have exaggerated on the internet.  ;)

Ok... let me rephrase... What logic did you use to come to that conclusion? Better stated, how are you able to identify how a teenager who hasn't stepped foot on a campus will preform 4+ years from now?

If you must know...

The last three seasons Tennessee has been 5-7, 7-6, and 6-7.  I don't really have any faith in the Derek Dooley hire.  He was a reach at best.  I don't see Dooley turning it around in Tennessee.

As a USF fan I will go ahead and assume you can base why I think USF is on an upward trend.  I think Skip is for real and he's going to have success at USF.  He managed an 8-5 record in a transition year and kept his staff intact (keeping Snyder was a steal).  I can't remember the last season USF hasn't had a lot of coaching changes.

It's speculation at best, but USF will be better than Tennessee for the next 6 years.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Yeah, I read that and also the direct quotes. There comments weren't nearly as glowing as the Urinal made them out to be. I think this another obvious attempt by Dizzy World to rankle us.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,039
  • Days Won:  11

Yeah, I read that and also the direct quotes. There comments weren't nearly as glowing as the Urinal made them out to be. I think this another obvious attempt by Dizzy World to rankle us.

anybody else having problems opening the link?

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

anybody else having problems opening the link?

That link is not working properly now.

Here is the story from a different link:

Winter Park trio impressed by Tennessee visit

Pictures

By Brendan Sonnone | Orlando Sentinel

Tue Aug 2 2011 2:09 PM

The bar has been set for the Winter Park trio of senior receiver Dvario Montgomery, junior quarterback Asiantii Woulard and junior safety Blake McClain.

All three visited the University of Tennessee last week and simply put, they were blown away.

“It was like super, super nice actually,†Woulard said. “I liked it a lot. I would really consider going there.â€

Woulard usually speaks in a monotone, even-paced voice, but his vocals were peppered with enthusiasm as he talked about his trip to Knoxville.

“I don’t think UF, or anywhere else I have seen could compete on the same scale as that,†said Woulard, who has visited Florida, USF and UCF. “Honestly, the area, the facilities … I don’t think really any other college can do better than that.â€

Montgomery shared a similar enthusiasm, citing a strong tradition and facilities being his favorite parts of the trip.

“[it’s] the top facility wise,†said Montgomery, who was reached via Facebook because he’s having phone problems. “It was great.â€

McClain, who was the most enthusiastic about the trip to Knoxville before the trio left Orlando, wasn’t as impressed as his teammates by Tennessee’s current facilities, but he does like their plans to upgrade.

“Actually, the facilities, the ones that they have now weren’t that good, but they said they’re building a new one that’s going to be state of the art and I saw the movie they had about it and I really liked that,†McClain said.

The players were impressed by more than facilities though. They toured the town and the entire campus, got to look at Tennessee’s academic process and caught up with Central Florida Tennessee players Tom Smith (Apopka) and Marlin Lane (Daytona Beach Mainland).

“I got there and was comfortable already,†Woulard said of spending time with the two local running backs. “We all hung out all night, it was fun.â€

But what was the best part of the tour?

‘We got there and we had these girls show us around, so we went around the campus, the stadium, the locker room and all that kind of stuff … they just showed up and said they’d be taking us around, so that was good as well,†Woulard said. “They have a bunch of pretty girls up there.â€

Woulard and McClain, who both already have an offer from USF, were both told by Volunteer coaches that Tennessee intends on offering them in September.

Montgomery, who already has been offered by Tennessee, will analyze Tennessee’s depth chart and offensive scheme at a later time.

All three players are expected to visit Alabama in the near future.

http://mobile.orlandosentinel.com/p.p?m=b&a=rp&id=641207&postId=641207&postUserId=41&sessionToken=&catId=5648&curAbsIndex=1&resultsUrl=DID%3D1%26DFCL%3D1000%26DSB%3Drank%2523desc%26DBFQ%3DuserId%253A41%26DL.w%3D%26DL.d%3D10%26DQ%3DsectionId%253A5648%26DPS%3D0%26DPL%3D3