• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Looking forward to 2018 and beyond

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

I'm excited about next year for the AAC because it's the year prior to our negotiation window with ESPN. If our league turns out like it did this year, 3-4 top 25 teams, 6-8 bowl eligible teams, and respectable OOC and P5 bowl wins we should be in a pretty good place for renegotiation.

USF looks like it will be in a transition year but a transition year for USF now is bowl eligible and possible double digit wins.. That is an amazing privilege for any university and speaks to the depth that Tags and Strong recruiting. I'm excited to see what our defense looks like next year under J-M and Strong with our D-line recruits from last year and this year.

The offense will look a lot different next year. I think it will look a lot more like the Veer and Shoot you see at schools in the Big 12. Lots of mid level passes and down hill running up the middle.. Hopefully not as much HB Dive as this year. I think Gilbert's trust in Flowers' accuracy waned at times and depended on the run to play it safe. Hopefully he trust O and Kean a little more this year in regards to their accuracy down the field. Hopefully depth on the O-line is there to provide them with time too. They won't have Flowers back there to save them  when the pocket breaks down. I know O is fast but we can't hope for him to be as shifty as Flowers is.

I'm ready for the Feb signing period and spring training I can tell you that!

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Again, why would espn want to give the conference more $? If we don’t have a network or on line provider (and I don’t think they are going to be a tier 1 rights option) for leverage, espn could just low ball us (even with decent tv numbers...which is still questionable throughout the league). 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

13 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Again, why would espn want to give the conference more $? 

Because we make for some exciting games. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Wish it was that easy

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

36 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Again, why would espn want to give the conference more $? If we don’t have a network or on line provider (and I don’t think they are going to be a tier 1 rights option) for leverage, espn could just low ball us (even with decent tv numbers...which is still questionable throughout the league). 

22 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

The only way is if someone else is willing to give us more money. 

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I suspect with ESPN's issues over the last 18 months, someone will smell blood in the water and hopefully try to "steal" some content from ESPN by outbidding them... at which point, ESPN will try to cripple the conference by forcing the B12 to expand and take USF/UCF away to make the AAC less attractive to whoever the other network is... win-win for us.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

14 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Wish it was that easy

lol All i can do is support USF and have faith that the football Gods bless our team

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,337
  • Days Won:  43

USF may end up in the Gaparilla Bowl next season as I believe that game has ACC opponent. USFvsFSU could be the 2018 Gasparilla Bowl match up. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I haven't resigned myself to not being in contention for the AAC title.  I'm sadden that so many of you have.

• Upvote 1