• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2017 PG Jamari Wheeler

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Corey Evans @coreyevans_10

South Florida has offered 2017 Rock School guard Jamari Wheeler, per source

This is the offer I been waiting on since he got released out of his scholarship from Duquesne. He's one of the best PGs still available for the 2017 class by all reports. A lot of schools have offered this kid

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

Nice to see the lads hitting the ground running. Would be a great start if he picked us over the offers he's receiving ..... One thing a little confused  about is why he needed a release from a verbal commit ... unless he was going to honor the verbal if Duquesne wanted to hold him to it .... which is mind blowing honorable.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  505
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

Nice to see the lads hitting the ground running. Would be a great start if he picked us over the offers he's receiving ..... One thing a little confused  about is why he needed a release from a verbal commit ... unless he was going to honor the verbal if Duquesne wanted to hold him to it .... which is mind blowing honorable.

http://www.goduquesne.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/111716aac.html

He signed a LOI during the early signing period in November.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

Thanks. Nothing I saw said he had actually signed.

I assume since he never attended he'll be good to go wherever he signs again.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Thanks. Nothing I saw said he had actually signed.

I assume since he never attended he'll be good to go wherever he signs again.

Correct. If Duquesne hadn't let him out of his LOI he would have had to sit a year but since the released him he will be good for 2017. 

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,403
  • Days Won:  5

Glad to see us offer a bunch of PG's need to get two of them

• 2 weeks later...

Corey Evans‏ @coreyevans_10

2017 Rock School guard Jamari Wheeler is down to a final five of South Florida, Auburn, Penn State, James Madison & Seton Hall

Still one of the best unsigned HS PGs left on the market.

http://elevatehoops.com/portfolio/jamari-wheeler-narrows-his-list-to-five-schools/

2017 point guard Jamari Wheeler of The Rock School (FL) recently narrowed his list to five schools. “I’m down to South Florida, James Madison (JMU), Seton Hall, Auburn, and Penn State,” he told Elevate Hoops.

He broke down each program.

South Florida: “USF got a new coaching staff and their head coach (Brian Gregory) came in from day one, when I reopened my recruitment, and he was actually the first person I met up with. They told me they’re restarting the program and I could come in and have the ball in my hands. The school is also close to home.”

JMU: “Coach (Louis) Rowe has been cool with me ever since he was at Bowling Green. I love him as a coach and as a person because he is loyal to me. He told me I could be the face of their program and that he would love to coach me and he would take care of me as a person.”

Seton Hall: “I like their style of play and the conference they are in. I like how they get up and down the floor and how their guards come off of ball screens. I just love how they play. I’ve been talking to Coach (Shaheen) Holloway and when he came and visited me, he told me they want/need me and hopefully I can take a visit up there soon.”

Auburn: “When I reopened my recruitment, their entire coaching staff came to see me play and I like how they play and the conference they are in. Coach (Harris) Alder loves the way I talk and lead on the floor during games, drills, and pickup.”

Penn State: “I like the conference they are in and it’s a big time conference. They said they are in need of a point guard and that they are making me a priority. They were actually one of the first schools to come in to see me when I reopened my recruitment too.”

When it comes to visits, Wheeler has two official visits planned.

“I’ll be taking an official visit to Penn State this weekend and then I’ll be visiting Auburn on the 26th of April.”

When asked about a decision timeline, the 6-foot-0 guard told Elevate Hoops “No decision timeline yet.”

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Vega, you are fired up with the new coaching staff. You're posting at a smazza-level pace lately and I love it.

18 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Vega, you are fired up with the new coaching staff. You're posting at a smazza-level pace lately and I love it.

Yes I am. I just love how aggressive they have been in recruiting so far. They clearly have a plan in place and so far it's seems to be working out better then us on the outside could have imagine. They still need to land a couple of key guys, but it has been a lot of fun.