• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Message to Bulls Collegiate Athletes and Fans

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

I'm new here but I really don't comment a lot because if you say something positive, people will call you names.  I just purchased season tickets for the first time and I'm excited about the season.  I joined a board for the first time because I feel we are actually going to be better and thought there would be constructive criticism as well as constructive conversation.  That seems to get lost here sometimes, imho.  I see name calling, program trashing, and negativity.  I'm pretty sure recruits come here... I know a few players do.  It's like people chase fans away here sometimes... I've never seen anything like it.  I honestly think a board like this could push kids away.  I mean who wants to read a bunch of fans trashing a program?  I'm just speaking as an outsider of sorts here but set aside the occasional checking of headlines, I really don't see a reason for consistently visiting here for conversation as it's all personal attacks and what is wrong.  Also, player evaluations are personal and not critical here.  It's weird.

Edited by USF2011Grad

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I'm new here but I really don't comment a lot because if you say something positive, people will call you names ...   I really don't see a reason for consistently visiting here for conversation as it's all personal attacks and what is wrong.  

Also, some people quote a comment someone makes, and respond with a "you do realize _____" and their point turns out to be dead wrong.  

With all due respect, you've shown on at least one occasion in 63 posts that you're more than willing to dive into dickdom ... please don't act like you're above the fray.  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Everyone is above the Fray.

Everyone is above the Fray.

You're Heartless.  

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I like the OP, though. As it is, we're getting down to the real vested USF fans at this point. So 2011 has a point about what's attractive about a bunch of smash-n-bash threads (the occasional smazza rebuke excepted) from the core fans? Hey, me too, I've jumped in the fray a little too, but trying to look from an outsider's perspective resets me real quick. Now...defending USF's honor is also excepted IMO, I'll jump in that fray any day. :iconic_u_black:

But bottom line for me is trying to encourage some of the new(er) blood to come support their Bulls. If football & bball start climbing out of this muck, I'd hate for enthusiastic fans eager to talk about the success to get shut down by bitterness like "bandwagon" comments, etc.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

I'm new here but I really don't comment a lot because if you say something positive, people will call you names ...   I really don't see a reason for consistently visiting here for conversation as it's all personal attacks and what is wrong.  

Also, some people quote a comment someone makes, and respond with a "you do realize _____" and their point turns out to be dead wrong.  

With all due respect, you've shown on at least one occasion in 63 posts that you're more than willing to dive into dickdom ... please don't act like you're above the fray.  

Did you even read the original post?  Also, saying "you do realize" does not constitute a personal attack.  You do realize this don't you?

You do realize I didn't accuse you of a personal attack, right?   

You present yourself as an outsider ...  yet you make comments that fit right in with with the crowd you railed against.  That's what I'm saying.