• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pre Conference Tournament Chatter

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

We play UConn first round and, naturally, no one thinks we can beat them. I like to think that we can actually win. Yes it's improbable, but it's possible. If we can play a complete game, we can compete well enough. One thing I will say, is that COA has seen his fair share of victory and tourney experience. The question is whether or not he can push our young guys to be aggressive all game. I know chances are slim and most of us think of us winning as a pipe dream, but we can compete. Thoughts? Concerns? Other non disparaging reactions?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

We're not there yet. Sure we could beat them, but the odds are hugely in their court...like, literally, it's almost a home game for them.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Without Allen, Jr. and Perry to help, it's going to be really tough to contain Boatright and Brima. We can't rebound like we did against Tulane and win against UConn.

Both true statements. It is certainly UConn's game to lose. UConn has played with the underdogs chip in their shoulder in the past though, and that won't be the case against us however. They have the experience and the talent advantage, but maybe we can come with the heat. Emotion can play a large part in the hustle plays and that includes rebounding since we don't have the height to rebound.

Last game they only played 3 players 6'9 or taller and if Cousins does NOTHING else other than box out we aren't too disadvantaged there....and no I'm not forgetting the 7'0 Brimah in that equation.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  0

I would agree normally that USF has a shot vs UCONN, but I don't think the refs will allow the host team to bow out in round 1.  Too much $$ at stake.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

what are the odds?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

what are the odds?

9781468908923_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Days Won:  0

Hi guys,

UConn fan here.  I'm looking forward to our matchup tomorrow night, and I wanted to check in and see if I could get some sort of scouting report on your team.  We've played a couple times this year, but it sounds like your personnel has changed a bit since then.

While UConn is favored to win the game, I don't think it's as much of a sure bet as others seem to think.  This is not a traditional UConn team, and they've been agonizingly inconsistent throughout the year.  It wouldn't shock me if they won the conference tournament or lost to you guys in the first round.  I think the fact that the game is a de facto home game for UConn will ultimately be the difference, but with how they've played this season, UConn shouldn't be overlooking anyone.

So I'd like to get perspective from your fans.  If you guys would like, I could provide some sort of scouting report for the Huskies.  Good luck to USF tomorrow, and may we have a good, injury-free game!

P.S. If anyone is by chance traveling to Hartford for the tournament, someone on the UConn forum made a tourist guide, that you can access here.  Though if I were in South Florida, I may be hard pressed to make a trip to snowy Connecticut in the middle of winter...

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

Good luck to you too bro. All we ask for is some fair officiating. Lots of home cooking on the calls in Hartford.

Hi guys,

UConn fan here. I'm looking forward to our matchup tomorrow night, and I wanted to check in and see if I could get some sort of scouting report on your team. We've played a couple times this year, but it sounds like your personnel has changed a bit since then.

While UConn is favored to win the game, I don't think it's as much of a sure bet as others seem to think. This is not a traditional UConn team, and they've been agonizingly inconsistent throughout the year. It wouldn't shock me if they won the conference tournament or lost to you guys in the first round. I think the fact that the game is a de facto home game for UConn will ultimately be the difference, but with how they've played this season, UConn shouldn't be overlooking anyone.

So I'd like to get perspective from your fans. If you guys would like, I could provide some sort of scouting report for the Huskies. Good luck to USF tomorrow, and may we have a good, injury-free game!

P.S. If anyone is by chance traveling to Hartford for the tournament, someone on the UConn forum made a tourist guide, that you can access here. Though if I were in South Florida, I may be hard pressed to make a trip to snowy Connecticut in the middle of winter...

Good luck to you tonight! There isn't much I could tell you more than what they say on the preview articles. We are a little but more cut and dry. Honestly, if I could afford the round trip right now I'd go. That's awesome they made a tourist guide for us by the way, hats off. I just hope we can give you guys a competitive game. I know we have it in us. Again, Good luck!