• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another athletic department squeeze

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

Goodness.. you can catch a major league baseball game for cheaper than that.

That's a little over $2 a game. The Rays had cheaper tickets than that?

I quickly read through at work, but I was speaking to when he said $50 per adult. According to my math that's $12.50 per game. 

Your math works fine if they only played 4 home games last year. The $50 was for a whole season of home games.

I thought he said a "family 4 pack"? Does a family 4 pack cover the whole season? I was under the impression it was any 4 games you wanted. I know nothing about the pricing of baseball so. If it is a little over $2 a game then I take back what I said. 

Yeah, it was 4 tickets to every home game ... which was a great bargain whether you went or not ... which is kind of befuddling as to why they did away with them. Not sure how many out there are like me did it because it was a pretty simple, cheap way to support USF baseball, and softball, and not worry about a huge commitment going to games. 

Are the $65 tickets for assigned seats?

No. Everything is General Admission.  Season tickets help when we play teams that fill the stadium by letting you in 15 minutes before the masses.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Goodness.. you can catch a major league baseball game for cheaper than that.

That's a little over $2 a game. The Rays had cheaper tickets than that?

I quickly read through at work, but I was speaking to when he said $50 per adult. According to my math that's $12.50 per game. 

Your math works fine if they only played 4 home games last year. The $50 was for a whole season of home games.

I thought he said a "family 4 pack"? Does a family 4 pack cover the whole season? I was under the impression it was any 4 games you wanted. I know nothing about the pricing of baseball so. If it is a little over $2 a game then I take back what I said. 

Yeah, it was 4 tickets to every home game ... which was a great bargain whether you went or not ... which is kind of befuddling as to why they did away with them. Not sure how many out there are like me did it because it was a pretty simple, cheap way to support USF baseball, and softball, and not worry about a huge commitment going to games. 

Are the $65 tickets for assigned seats?

No. Everything is General Admission.  Season tickets help when we play teams that fill the stadium by letting you in 15 minutes before the masses.

Got it. Thanks. Will probably go with 2 then. 

Heard from Zach (Bulls Club) that they are doing the Friday Night Lights thing again this year.  Wasn't a certainty until very recently.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

How was the Friday Night deal Cousin?

Have to say I'll probably pass without the use the tickets as you can option.

How was the Friday Night deal Cousin?

Have to say I'll probably pass without the use the tickets as you can option.

We've been doing it for years now.  You have to buy in for all the Friday night games.  It is held up on the Donaldson deck.  There is food, beer, wine and usually tea or lemonade.  Worked out last year to between $15 and $16 per person per game.  So once you've had a couple of beers you were pretty much even without taking the food into consideration.  In the past they've alternated between Jerk Hut, Port a Pit, Little Greek and maybe some others.  Once we buy the package it gets us out to the Friday night games at a minimum.  We try to get to 1 other game each week but don't always make it. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

So no more trading unused tickets anymore at all?  I used to buy 1 season ticket then use them as we could or would donate them.  That is a major bummer if so.  As mentioned there are literally 10's of people in the stands most games...this will not help.  Bah.

If you're talking about trading unused tickets for future games, the emails about renewal for both sb and bb had that option as still available ...

Unused season tickets may be exchanged for tickets to another home USF Softball game excluding the Florida game.  All ticket exchanges are subject to availability.

Unused season tickets may be exchanged for tickets to another home USF Baseball game excluding the Florida game.  All ticket exchanges are subject to availability

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

With the handicapped requirement for Mrs. S, my seats are still assigned. Got them a few weeks ago. We plan on doing the Friday Night Lights, this year.

I guess they haven't settled the softball pricing, yet, so I'm not sure what we are doing there.  I had planned on getting softball tickets for the first time, this year, but just the low end tickets. Since I still work, I can't make all those mid-week afternoon and early evening games, so it's like making another donation for us.. I'm still planning on doing that, but I need to know what I'm getting into before I commit. 

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

Yep says you can still trade unused tickets so I will renew. Its a great deal and a good way to support the program.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

So I last went to baseball games with any sort of regularity like four or five years ago. When I was going then, there was a group of losers (in the old stadium of course) who sat directly behind home plate and yelled nonstop at the ump, players, and anyone else they could think of. They had some cute, affectionate nickname for themselves, but I can't remember what. They never shut up, they were really loud (unnecessarily so in a stadium that usually had about 30 people in it), and were often vulgar. The worst part was probably how hilarious they mistakenly thought they were. Do these jerks still do this at every game?

Edited by gobulls83

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I guess they haven't settled the softball pricing, yet, so I'm not sure what we are doing there.  I had planned on getting softball tickets for the first time, this year, but just the low end tickets. Since I still work, I can't make all those mid-week afternoon and early evening games, so it's like making another donation for us.. I'm still planning on doing that, but I need to know what I'm getting into before I commit.

They are $65 per seat.