• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another athletic department squeeze

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

Maybe they had to b/c of this

Joey Knightâ€@TBTimes_Bulls22m22 minutes ago

Under terms of his accelerated retirement deal, former #USF AD Doug Woolard exited with more than $1 million. Story to come.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Joey trying to stay relevant. TMZ is hiring.

Couldn't agree more. One of our top 2015 recruits may already be on campus, http://thebullspen.com/topic/96925-danny-thomas-lb-tallahassee-godby/page-2#entry1353562 , but we're getting irrelevant crap like that.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

I am sure they had some fresh Harvard MBA from McKinsey come in with this recommendation. 

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Goodness.. you can catch a major league baseball game for cheaper than that.

That's a little over $2 a game. The Rays had cheaper tickets than that?

I quickly read through at work, but I was speaking to when he said $50 per adult. According to my math that's $12.50 per game. Did not look at kids are $5 per game now I guess.

I quickly read through at work, but I was speaking to when he said $50 per adult. According to my math that's $12.50 per game. 

Your math works fine if they only played 4 home games last year. The $50 was for a whole season of home games.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

So no more trading unused tickets anymore at all?  I used to buy 1 season ticket then use them as we could or would donate them.  That is a major bummer if so.  As mentioned there are literally 10's of people in the stands most games...this will not help.  Bah.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

According to my ticket rep he explained that tons of those family pack tickets went unused so they decided to do away with them.  They did lower the price of a season ticket for the cushie box seats in the first two rows from $500 to $99.  They will be on a first come basis instead of having an assigned seat.  We will probably never use them but we opted for them since baseball is kind of our charity of choice at USF.

I quickly read through at work, but I was speaking to when he said $50 per adult. According to my math that's $12.50 per game. 

Your math works fine if they only played 4 home games last year. The $50 was for a whole season of home games.

I thought he said a "family 4 pack"? Does a family 4 pack cover the whole season? I was under the impression it was any 4 games you wanted. I know nothing about the pricing of baseball so. If it is a little over $2 a game then I take back what I said. 

I thought he said a "family 4 pack"? Does a family 4 pack cover the whole season? I was under the impression it was any 4 games you wanted. I know nothing about the pricing of baseball so. If it is a little over $2 a game then I take back what I said. 

Yeah, it was 4 tickets to every home game ... which was a great bargain whether you went or not ... which is kind of befuddling as to why they did away with them. Not sure how many out there are like me did it because it was a pretty simple, cheap way to support USF baseball, and softball, and not worry about a huge commitment going to games. 

Are the $65 tickets for assigned seats?

Yeah, it was 4 tickets to every home game ... which was a great bargain whether you went or not ... which is kind of befuddling as to why they did away with them. Not sure how many out there are like me did it because it was a pretty simple, cheap way to support USF baseball, and softball, and not worry about a huge commitment going to games. 

Are the $65 tickets for assigned seats?

Gotcha. Should've realized that. Thanks for clarifying.