• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OT Glen Bethel commits

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Gibbons should be eligible. He didn't play a down for Stanford

I don't think not playing a down is the driver.  Seems it's more about if he was on the team when the season started.  Someone noted that he won't have to sit out, as he wants to be closer to family, but as most know, that's not enough to get a waiver.

I'm hopeful he can play right away, but he's still 19 or so, so we can't expect him to be a day 1 starter. But, his rankings give some hope for early impact.

Just curious...I get a negative vote because I opine as to his eligibility?  Odd duck, whoever was offended by that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I don't think not playing a down is the driver.  Seems it's more about if he was on the team when the season started.  Someone noted that he won't have to sit out, as he wants to be closer to family, but as most know, that's not enough to get a waiver.

I'm hopeful he can play right away, but he's still 19 or so, so we can't expect him to be a day 1 starter. But, his rankings give some hope for early impact.

Just curious...I get a negative vote because I opine as to his eligibility?  Odd duck, whoever was offended by that.

Yea, people are petty here sometimes.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

Odd duck, indeed .... maybe it was a mistake.

I suppose.  Either way, looking forward to what changes lie ahead, both in personnel & schemes.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I suppose.  Either way, looking forward to what changes lie ahead, both in personnel & schemes.

I evened it out and gave you an upvote man. I think he'll be eligble, but I guess the facts are, no one knows if he'll be suiting up next year.

Edited by CPR

I evened it out and gave you an upvote man. I think he'll be eligble, but I guess the facts are, no one knows if he'll be suiting up next year.

Thanks...many are asking Knight & Odom to keep us posted, so I suspect we'll hear pretty soon.  If he's enrolling for January, we'll surely want to know if he's cleared for 2015.  But, the NCAA wheels often move slowly.