• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mark Snyder

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I seem to remember the same kind of dialog when Skippy was looking at bringing in Cosh.  There were the steadfast, "I'm sure Skip knows best and certainly better than you" green-gogglers but most folks with even a reasonable analysis saw Cosh for what he was and were totally against the hire.  Let's hope we've all learned from that experience.........that coaches are EXACTLY what their record and their past says they are.

Actually I don't think anyone was green goggling Cosh. It goes back to who is available and the networking system of college coaches. He was available and worked with Holtz years prior. And that may be why Bill Snyder hired him. Before he arrived at USF a KSU alumni I know said Cosh's defense sucked. Yep.

There are a lot of things, too many to just say a coach is EXACLY their record. Especially head coaches. Holtz was good anywhere but USF. Maybe Cosh is a great position coach. Along the way he got bumped up to DC, over his head. Look at what Ron Cooper did at LSU and then at the Bucs and at USF. Plus we don't know in his case how much Schiano and Taggart interfered with his job, there are reports of that happening at both teams.

I think Snyder might be a good position coach, like he was at Ohio St.. His offense doesn't work, like Cosh. This reminds me of John Bell Hood, the Conferate General. Great division or corp commander but pretty lousy when put in overall command. We've seen enough of these hiring to know that Taggart is going to look for a coach he knows and maybe likes or trusts and if there isn't any he's asking Harbaugh. And they might be a coach that is being put in a new role. I just hope he does better this go around than he has the past two seasons.

But being knee-jerk and saying this coach sucks, look at his record. I don't think it's that black and white. Complex subject to know the future 100%. Hind sight is perfect.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I seem to remember the same kind of dialog when Skippy was looking at bringing in Cosh.  There were the steadfast, "I'm sure Skip knows best and certainly better than you" green-gogglers but most folks with even a reasonable analysis saw Cosh for what he was and were totally against the hire.  Let's hope we've all learned from that experience.........that coaches are EXACTLY what their record and their past says they are.

Actually I don't think anyone was green goggling Cosh. It goes back to who is available and the networking system of college coaches. He was available and worked with Holtz years prior. And that may be why Bill Snyder hired him. Before he arrived at USF a KSU alumni I know said Cosh's defense sucked. Yep.

There are a lot of things, too many to just say a coach is EXACLY their record. Especially head coaches. Holtz was good anywhere but USF. Maybe Cosh is a great position coach. Along the way he got bumped up to DC, over his head. Look at what Ron Cooper did at LSU and then at the Bucs and at USF. Plus we don't know in his case how much Schiano and Taggart interfered with his job, there are reports of that happening at both teams.

I think Snyder might be a good position coach, like he was at Ohio St.. His offense doesn't work, like Cosh. This reminds me of John Bell Hood, the Conferate General. Great division or corp commander but pretty lousy when put in overall command. We've seen enough of these hiring to know that Taggart is going to look for a coach he knows and maybe likes or trusts and if there isn't any he's asking Harbaugh. And they might be a coach that is being put in a new role. I just hope he does better this go around than he has the past two seasons.

But being knee-jerk and saying this coach sucks, look at his record. I don't think it's that black and white. Complex subject to know the future 100%. Hind sight is perfect.

What????  I meant what I said and said what I meant. Holtz is gone so you need to deal with it because he sucked when he was here and his choice at DC blew up in his face.  Cosh was NEVER a good DC and he'll never be a good DC. Sometimes arguing with reality just makes you look stupid slick.

I seem to remember the same kind of dialog when Skippy was looking at bringing in Cosh. There were the steadfast, "I'm sure Skip knows best and certainly better than you" green-gogglers but most folks with even a reasonable analysis saw Cosh for what he was and were totally against the hire. Let's hope we've all learned from that experience.........that coaches are EXACTLY what their record and their past says they are.

What???? I meant what I said and said what I meant. Holtz is gone so you need to deal with it because he sucked when he was here and his choice at DC blew up in his face. Cosh was NEVER a good DC and he'll never be a good DC. Sometimes arguing with reality just makes you look stupid slick.

I didn't say Cosh was a good DC. I said at the time, he was someone Holtz knew from years past, before he was a DC. Maybe he was great at what that job was way back then. You do realize that coaches just don't step into coordinator and head coach jobs without working up? Snyder was a DE/LB coach at Ohio St., which had some great players. Dennis Erickson is currently a running backs coach. These guys may be good coaches at certain levels but go for different better jobs and fail. Snyder as a defensive position coach would probably be a step up. Holtz isn't an idiot, Cosh must have at least been decent at doing something besides DC in the past.

For a board with college grads sometimes I wonder about the inability to grasp anything beyond the obvious or simple.

Edited by slick1ru2

• 4 weeks later...

I guess this wasn't Snyder.

https://vine.co/v/Owb2whXXijh

Edited by slick1ru2