• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

More excuses from Willie

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I never understand why fans get mad at a Coach trying to defend himself and the team. What the heck do you guys expect him to say?

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

“I think our program is moving up,†Taggart said. “We stopped the bleeding when we got here. I don’t think anyone can say this football team didn’t improve from last year ...â€

He added, “When we took over, it was on a downward spiral. Now, that spiral has stopped.â€

I can.   This team is not better in any area at all.  Ok, the punting was better.  And we had less penalties.

Defense was clearly worse.  Offense was clearly not better, probably worse, but it's hard to be worse when you are at the bottom so it's hard to say.

It's easy to point to more wins when you remove Rutgers and Lousiville from your schedule and add Tulsa.  Not a shred of improvement.

Worse yet, no sign that the offense is even figuring out the system, if there is one.  This is a dumpster fire.

I  sorry but you have to be crazy to suggest that the USF defense is worse from when Cosh and Holtz were at USF. Sorry, but this is a very terrible statement to even suggest about the defense. CWT's defense is better than what Holtz brought our defense to when he left. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

“I think our program is moving up,†Taggart said. “We stopped the bleeding when we got here. I don’t think anyone can say this football team didn’t improve from last year ...â€

He added, “When we took over, it was on a downward spiral. Now, that spiral has stopped.â€

I can.   This team is not better in any area at all.  Ok, the punting was better.  And we had less penalties.

Defense was clearly worse.  Offense was clearly not better, probably worse, but it's hard to be worse when you are at the bottom so it's hard to say.

It's easy to point to more wins when you remove Rutgers and Lousiville from your schedule and add Tulsa.  Not a shred of improvement.

Worse yet, no sign that the offense is even figuring out the system, if there is one.  This is a dumpster fire.

I  sorry but you have to be crazy to suggest that the USF defense is worse from when Cosh and Holtz were at USF. Sorry, but this is a very terrible statement to even suggest about the defense. CWT's defense is better than what Holtz brought our defense to when he left. 

Defense was worse than last year.

I actually think offense was improved. Not great, not even good, but it was better than the worst of the worst that we had in 2013.

Defense was worse than last year.

I actually think offense was improved. Not great, not even good, but it was better than the worst of the worst that we had in 2013.

Offens was terrible. It may have improved from last year but our offense was rock bottom. USF defense was a top 25 defense last season. USF lost players to graduation on defense so we knew our defense would take a step back. Chuck B did a good job at what he had to work with. We had a lot of young defensive players getting playing time which will pay off dividends in the next few years. Chuck B didnt want to change from his 4-3 style, he was told that he needed to run a 3-4 style in order to get more of our better personel on the field. Should have just kept with 4-3 but that was not his call. Blame CWT for that. The offense sucks. We made every teams defense seem like the 85' Bears. Take away Marlon Mack and we may have the similar offense from last season.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

It has quotes by Taggs taking no responsibility for the state of the program, he said this program was on a downward spiral when he got here and it is no longer on that sprial. He also said it's not like I took over Bama. He seems to think he has done a good job.

Downward spiral -  8-5, 5-7, 3-9 - Check

No longer on that spiral - 2-10, 4-8 - Check

Not Alabama - A Corvette but not Bama - Check

Looks like everything he said was true ...

Pretty sure no matter who our coach was we were going to improve from 2-10 last year. He contributed to the downward spiral in year 1. No need to get into the whole what he was walking into because I know it was really, really bad. However, a good coach finds a way to beat an FCS team at home. We stopped the bleeding because we found a way to beat Western Carolina, SMU, Tulsa, and UCONN? We will have stopped the bleeding when we beat a team that is respectable and not the absolute trash of college football. We're still bleeding as far as I am concerned.

It has quotes by Taggs taking no responsibility for the state of the program, he said this program was on a downward spiral when he got here and it is no longer on that sprial. He also said it's not like I took over Bama. He seems to think he has done a good job.

Downward spiral -  8-5, 5-7, 3-9 - Check

No longer on that spiral - 2-10, 4-8 - Check

Not Alabama - A Corvette but not Bama - Check

Looks like everything he said was true ...

Pretty sure no matter who our coach was we were going to improve from 2-10 last year. He contributed to the downward spiral in year 1. No need to get into the whole what he was walking into because I know it was really, really bad. However, a good coach finds a way to beat an FCS team at home. We stopped the bleeding because we found a way to beat Western Carolina, SMU, Tulsa, and UCONN? We will have stopped the bleeding when we beat a team that is respectable and not the absolute trash of college football. We're still bleeding as far as I am concerned.

I say we are still bleeding until USF goes back to a bowl game. We cant keep playing teams like SMU and make their defense look like the '85 Bears. 

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

If you increased your output at your jobs this year by 100% you'd be a hero especially if your department was as broken as USF football was. 

This team is headed in the right direction culturally and much of the behind the scenes heavy lifting will be realized next season.  If you're done with the product move on.  Don't need you.  The attitudes remind me of when I receive calls from customers complaining about X, Y or Z and telling me they'll never use me/us again.  In the next breath they want money off the product/service.  I then laugh and tell them 10 seconds ago you told me you'd never use me/us again. 

that is why an educated and informed person doesnt simply look at the win total and say "we improved 100% blah blah blah"

usf is a train wreck

we have no qb for the future

usf football doesnt pass the smell or eye test