• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

[BSB - 2017] Joseph Perez - 3B

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,458
  • Days Won:  25

Lelo swung and missed on a good bunch of kids that wound up going on to sign minor league contracts. We were left with kids from Jesuit and Tampa Catholic and Lelo's mediocre record. I hope Kingston has something up his sleeve to lure this kids to honoring their USF commitment, rather than following the lure of a minor league contract. I agree with Apis, I'll be excited once these kids step foot on campus.

Oi...last I checked Jesuit has been a state baseball powerhouse. Even got ranked the #1 team in the nation once. They're not some horrible team.

Swung and missed?

Are you suggesting that he shouldn't have recruited the good players? Or suggesting that he should have known how good they are and recruited some with less talent?

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Lelo swung and missed on a good bunch of kids that wound up going on to sign minor league contracts. We were left with kids from Jesuit and Tampa Catholic and Lelo's mediocre record. I hope Kingston has something up his sleeve to lure this kids to honoring their USF commitment, rather than following the lure of a minor league contract. I agree with Apis, I'll be excited once these kids step foot on campus.

Oi...last I checked Jesuit has been a state baseball powerhouse. Even got ranked the #1 team in the nation once. They're not some horrible team.

Swung and missed?

Are you suggesting that he shouldn't have recruited the good players? Or suggesting that he should have known how good they are and recruited some with less talent?

I'm suggesting that Lelo may have had more success at USF if he hadn't dedicated so much time in recruiting as many minor league-worthy kids as he did and if he would have recruited a more diverse array of Tampa Bay-area high schools. It probably wouldn't have hurt to pluck a few grizzled players from the Northeast or Midwest of the country. My opinion is simply hindsight, but I think Lelo underachieved big time at USF.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,458
  • Days Won:  25

Swung and missed?

I'm suggesting that Lelo may have had more success at USF if he hadn't dedicated so much time in recruiting as many minor league-worthy kids as he did and if he would have recruited a more diverse array of Tampa Bay-area high schools. It probably wouldn't have hurt to pluck a few grizzled players from the Northeast or Midwest of the country. My opinion is simply hindsight, but I think Lelo underachieved big time at USF.

Don't disagree with underachieving.

I think that USF should be highly successful in every sport, but we're certainly not going to get top talent without recruiting them.