• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BYE Weeks Suck!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

BYE weeks are just terrible. I dont care how bad we are as a program right now, I miss seeing USF play whether it is good or bad. Got to watch Bloomingdale Bulls win another game last night. They are 9-1. In case you didnt know it, they are having their best season in their history which began in the late 1980's. They are led by former USF Bull, Brian Surcy. He was one of USF's 1st ever special teams player under Leavitt in 1997.  Also, if you ever miss hearing the USF fight song or the Bull. You can go to a Bloomingdale High School game as they play USF's fight song and the Bull as they put their horns up. The band director went to USF, so he is happy to use his alma mater's fight song for Bloomingdale. Got to teach the high school kids what USF is all about. 

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Hate bye weeks - but also allows me to get some important last minute items taken care of prior to the mother-in-law visiting for three weeks. Brian Searcy is a good guy - and I like the fact that the band director implemented the Bulls into his program. Gotta love everything USF - except losing!

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Hate bye weeks - but also allows me to get some important last minute items taken care of prior to the mother-in-law visiting for three weeks. Brian Searcy is a good guy - and I like the fact that the band director implemented the Bulls into his program. Gotta love everything USF - except losing!

Yeah that is true. I have to do a lot today as my family is picking me up early in the morning to head down to Key West for the week. So I guess the BYE week came at a good time.  Glad Brian is having a great 1st year as head coach and I hope he builds Bloomingdale into a power. They have been so bad during their history. My senior year at Bloomingdale in 1995 was their best record at 4-6 until recently.  This is only the second time that they made the playoffs. They head to Orlando next week and play Dr Phillips. Win that playoff game and they more than likely get a rematch of Plant at home. They lost a close one to Plant earlier in the year, so I hope the get a change to avenge their only loss this season. Hoping Brian keeps putting in the good word for USF as he said he learned a lot about football while playing for Coach Leavitt.  Sheriff, I bet you could have went the coaching route after your football career if you wanted to do that route. Good to see a lot of former USF Bulls coaching and spreading the good word of the program. 

Edited by Bull Daly

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,786
  • Days Won:  3

Just being honest, bye weeks afford me the opportunity to watch some other quality college football. Hopefully winning - if not, even just being competitive in the AAC -  will change the perspective; but I've felt for some time that heading down to the stadium is leaning more towards obligatory than entertaining. 

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

Hate to shoot down your thunder, but Bloomingdale's band director isnt a USF alum.  In fact he's my old band director from high school Jon Sever.  He left my old HS River Ridge in Pasco after the 01-02 school year to pursue his masters at FSU and then went on to do wonders at Bloomingdale.

Needless to say it's great that they keep the Bulls traditions alive and well on a HS level.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

Bye weeks are amazing these days....clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose...