• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire Taggart!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

We have walked out of the stAdium with parents of players who repeatedly say Taggart is in over his head.

If this is true, he needs to go. Looks like the players have lost faith in him and his system.
I talked to parents who didn't think much of Leavitt . This was in his prime. They were obviously disgruntled by how he was using their son.

Parents are almost never happy unless the coach makes little johnny the superstar, NFL draft pick he is meant to be.

The parents we talk to are starters parents

We're the ones you talked to leaving at half or third quarter

Parents of starters leaving at half or third quarter?? I'm calling bs on that ...

Call it what you want. They are starters in the d line

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

So let me get this straight....CWT takes a team that was horrid, weak, lacking heart and using skip's team and most of his recruits goes 2-10 in his first year with a walk on QB and a QB that couldnt take a snap from center that is no longer playing football, a transfer that has never played, and a true freshmen then into his 2nd year with many of the same players from the previous coach, playing almost all of the new freshmen and redshirt freshmen he recruited just to start building for the future even though they are not ready and is 3-5 and will most likely go 4-8 or 5-7 with an outside chance of 6-6 , a 2 to 4 game increase in wins over the previous season and you all dont see progress?  What did you think was gonna happen?  CWT was gonna come in and magically cure all of Skip's ill doings and change a culture of laziness and losing in 1-2 years?  Most of you are out of your everloving minds to expect this was gonna be a quick turn around a 1 year fix.

Yes in a pathetic conference with the likes of Tulsa, Tulane, etc. USF ought to roll out of bed and achieve 6 wins with so called FL talent. This conf is garbage. If USF can't compete here, they can't compete anywhere. And right now they can't even compete. 27-3 vs a bad to mediocre Houston team.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

So let me get this straight....CWT takes a team that was horrid, weak, lacking heart and using skip's team and most of his recruits goes 2-10 in his first year with a walk on QB and a QB that couldnt take a snap from center that is no longer playing football, a transfer that has never played, and a true freshmen then into his 2nd year with many of the same players from the previous coach, playing almost all of the new freshmen and redshirt freshmen he recruited just to start building for the future even though they are not ready and is 3-5 and will most likely go 4-8 or 5-7 with an outside chance of 6-6 , a 2 to 4 game increase in wins over the previous season and you all dont see progress?  What did you think was gonna happen?  CWT was gonna come in and magically cure all of Skip's ill doings and change a culture of laziness and losing in 1-2 years?  Most of you are out of your everloving minds to expect this was gonna be a quick turn around a 1 year fix.

Skip had a QB, who won Elite 8. He decommitted AFTER Holtz was fired. Skip has a QB now, has thrown for 2000 yards and 17 TDs he got from a P5 school. How could crappy Holtz that everyone knows sucks pick up a quality 5th year transfer this year and superstar Taggart not? And Horrid Holtz is undefeated in Conference play? You make lots of excuses for this guy. He "turned" a winless WKU team around in one year but he gets a pass on USF? Double standard. Holtz sucks but he's headed for a Conference Championship, Double standard.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

We will most likely go 4-8 with an outside chance of 5-7 and virtually no chance of 6-6 against competition markedly weaker than last year.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

I'm going to be the one Bulls fan to defend Taggart today.    We played the 5th best defense in the country yesterday.  Houston held UCF to 12 points.  They held Temple to only 10.   They beat a solid Memphis team on the road.   With SMU, Tulsa, and Cincy upcoming, Houston will most likely win the conference this year.   They are just head and shoulders better then us right now.

Let's just let the rest of the season play out.   We were 2-10 last year and lost 8 games by atleast 14 points.  Right now we are 3-6 and have lost 4 games by atleast 14 points.   If we lose to SMU, and then get spanked by Memphis and UCF, then Harlan would have very legitimate grounds to fire Taggart, but as of right now, the team overall is still heading in the right direction.   It's not happening as fast as I, or any other Bulls fan would have liked, by any means, but to fire Taggart after two years when he is trying to rebuild a dumpster fire of epic proportions would be foolish, especially when he has recruiting, and is still recruiting at a very high level for a Non-P5 team.    

He's only had 1 full recruiting cycle and class under his belt.  The 1st one was leftovers from Holtz and whomever he could convince to sign up at the last minute.   The class from this year was going to need a full year to develop, most of which will be on the bench.  Even so though, our Top 2 Running Backs (Mack and Johnson) and our #2 WR (Adams) are guys Taggart brought in and have accounted for 48% of ALL of our offense.  I'm inclined to give the guy another year to bring in even more talent and keep developing his massive recruiting class from 2014, with those type of results.

It should go like his.....

Harlan:   CWT your system is not working and I don't believe it will ever work here, make some wholesale changes and show some progress or we are going to move in another direction.

And that may happen soon, but we have to hope that Harlan has someone in  mind before he does that. The Cubs pretty much fired their manager after one season cause they knew they had Joe Maddon to take over. Who will Harlan have take over? Maybe someone out west that is great at offense. USF needs to bring in someone that has an exciting offense that kids want to play in. USF football has been boring the past 5 seasons.

That's a BS argument.   If this team goes 11-2 and only scores 23 points per game, nobody will care that the team isn't "exciting", and that's a fact.   Just look at the Bucs.   For a decade they were one of the worst offenses in the entire NFL but they were winning alot of games, so RayJay was sold out for years on end.   Or how about the Lightning.   Prior to last year (when they actually starting winning), they were still scoring alot of goals, but their defense was awful and they lost a ton of games.  People stopped showing up then even though they could score.

Fans want WINS.  You think Mississippi State fans care they only scored 17 yesterday?  I really doubt it.  They won though and that's all that matters.

+1000. Thank you for bringing logic to this situation. CWT inherited trash. He has had 1 full recruiting season of which look who he has brought in. This board screamed for Bench after last week. Then he doesn't perform and that too is on CWT?? If you fire him now that is a huge mistake. CWT philosophy has proven to work in multiple venues. With all due respect I prefer the spread myself but it isn't like we tore up the BE running it. We all want to win. Support your team always but support your coach too. He deserves more than 2 years to get this done.

Your forgetting CWT appointed Bench as the starter based on him beating out the other candidates, not at the forum members request.  So YES, it is on CWT.

I also agree that a coach should get more than 2 years, unless you don't believe in the system, see progress and see player development. No one doubt's CWT's recruiting ability but most logical people are beginning to doubt his coaching ability.

Our coach is respected but it's hard to see the light when we watch the end product on the field.  Just because the CWT philosophy (Harbaugh philosophy) has worked elsewhere doesn't necessarily mean it will work here with our talent and coaching pool.  I agree to stick to the "plan" and run the system you believe in but if the talent isn't there to run it.....then adjust !  Agree or not, but at least Bresnahan switched to a 3-4 this year to get the best talent on the field. At least he adjusted with an 8 man front against Houston.  If "it's" so great of a system then how come the CWT it isn't run at the majority of the programs?  What we do see at USF is an offense that lacks any creativity, little to zero opponent game strategy/planning, no game time adjustments and a TEAM that cannot play inspired football for 4 lousy quarters.  I see a vast amount of players just wandering around the sidelines looking clueless and a coach that just looks in disbelief or over his head.  CWT talks about player accountability, players not being prepared or ready to play....who does that ultimately fall on? The player you say....well maybe in Pop Warner but I say the coach.  IF you believe a player isn't prepared, either help/show him how to prepare or sit him.  From day 1 our coach(s) haven't been able to evaluate our QB's (yes, I realize we have what we have).  Why pigeon hole Bench and Flowers (limited) to play like pocket passers....because that is the "system"?  Would anyone have White be an option QB?  It would be like making BJ a pocket passer....wait,Holtz did that.

Yes, I support my Bull's

Yes, I go to all the games.

Yes, I am a paying season ticket holder since day 1

Yes, I left midway through the 4th quarter of the Houston game.