• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Marlon Mack

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  80
  • Days Won:  0

I feel like Taggart wants to get to tricky, we start the game off with 14 yard run and instead of sticking with that he throws a play action deep ball for no reason.

The idea is to not be predictable.  Could have been they might have had 8 guys in the box on that next play.  You don't run the ball then.

There's a lot more to football than just what you think the next best play is.

RUN THAT THERE TOUCHDOWN PLAY, COACH!

Wait... there's more to football than that?

Honestly if they would run the Touchdown Play more often we would be in much better shape.

And why does the defense never run the interception play anymore?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

On top of the other things that have been said, when you're down big, you need to pass to try to catch up.

I would agree with any regular football team, but for us Mack is as much a homerun threat as any pass (except Davis, if White gets it to him).

I'm not saying don't pass at all; just that it seems we're doing it an awful lot.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I feel like Taggart wants to get to tricky, we start the game off with 14 yard run and instead of sticking with that he throws a play action deep ball for no reason.

The idea is to not be predictable. Could have been they might have had 8 guys in the box on that next play. You don't run the ball then.

This. They stack the box and make you throw

If that pass is 2 yards deeper, Adams likely scores & the game takes a new tone, and the team is pumped.  I hated the execution, but respect going for the homerun with that type of coverage, on the road.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  80
  • Days Won:  0

The idea is to not be predictable. Could have been they might have had 8 guys in the box on that next play. You don't run the ball then.

This. They stack the box and make you throw

If that pass is 2 yards deeper, Adams likely scores & the game takes a new tone, and the team is pumped.  I hated the execution, but respect going for the homerun with that type of coverage, on the road.

I can respect the call IF Mike White was capable of making that throw, which he does not give me a reason to believe he is.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

The only thing that makes Mike INcapable is his head. He's got the skill.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

The idea is to not be predictable.  Could have been they might have had 8 guys in the box on that next play.  You don't run the ball then.

We've seen the better teams do just that and smother our run. You have to have other credible threats or that's how it will go all game long.

We don't have those credible threats consistently right now.

Exactly. 

Odds are either the QB will muffle the play, make a bad throw or the receiver will drop the pass......if I was the other team I'd take those odd's and stack against the run.