• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why does our defense always give up the underneath pass?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

Because playing soft coverage was part of the official cultural shift.

our nfl dc knows what he is doing

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

I can't believe teams don't run the bubble screens every single play against us. They're basically guaranteed 6-8 yards every time. How freaking long does it take to figure out how to stop that play?? 8 games not enough Chuck?? 

Na man, we'd rather sit 7 yards off when all they need is 4-5 yards then backpedal another 3+ yards away from the line to make at the snap! It's genius i tell ya!

4th and 2? Lets play 7 yards off. How the hell did our DB coach ever get hired into the NFL?

It is extremely frustrating to see them playing 5 yards off the receiver every play. It was 3rd and near automatic for Cinci. Over and over and over, short uncontested pass + a few extra yards.

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  403
  • Days Won:  0

There was one play, I'm pretty sure it was the 4th quarter, where it was 3rd and and less than 5 yards (I believe 4 yards... and it may have been 4th down).  The announcers showed the replay from where our DB lined up 7 yards off and ran downfield.  The WR ran about 6 yards and turned around.  Easy catch, easy 8 yards, 1st down.

Now, on that pay.  1 of 2 things happened.  1.  They were in a zone defense and the CB had a deep zone and somone forgot to come over and cover the short zone.  Or 2. Our d-coordinator is terrible.  Absolutely terrible.